Coast Guard Enlistment Waivers?

How hard is it to get a waiver passed for Coast Guard Enlistment?

Favorite Answer

The CG is currently not accepting any waivers. Enlistment and retention are at an all time high. They are turning away fully qualified personnel with 4 year degrees and needing no waivers. Your chances would be less than slim to nil at this point in time.

Source(s): 26 years CG Family.

the respond isn't cut back and dry, yet relatively relatively situational. in case you require a protection clearance for the activity you have chosen, the government.will discover out approximately it on an analogous time as you're in boot camp (or consistent with hazard a splash later). Will you get discharged, thrown in the brig, or worse? maximum possibly not. what is going to take place is they'll look into your financial ruin (and each little thing else) and the two supply you a waiver then, or make you turn jobs to something "much less soft". Are the two cities you reside close to part of the comparable recruiting district? it relatively is particularly achieveable that on an analogous time as one recruiter is unwilling (or unable) to furnish you a waiver, the different district could be in a distinctive place. it relatively is a query of morality extra beneficial than something. have you ever regarded on the different centers?

The Coast Guard does not accept waivers.

Source(s): Coast Guard Petty Officer

It really depends on what the waiver is for. I received a waiver to join the navy because I had lung surgery. I also had to get waivers for 2 other things but that was just so I could be a nuke. A lot of people will say its difficult to get waivers in any branch right now, and it is harder but it really depends on what its for. If you have a serious criminal history then its probably unlikely, but if its something like you had ankle surgery ten years ago and it has no effect on you now, I'd say your chances are good

Source(s): I've been in the navy for about 4 months now