Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

University of Maryland, or Florida State?

I think I want to major in mechanical engineering. I live in Maryland so the cost for umd would be cheaper but I would also enjoy the distance from home (warm weather!) if I went to Florida. Which school do you think is better? (please consider all aspects of college-- education, location, social aspects and anything else)

Thank you!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It's hard to answer this, you didn't exactly say your financial standing.

If you've got a lovely college fund, shoot for FSU. But even FSU isn't really that great, theyre kind of a football school, and huge. Its one of those schools where people are numbers not students.

I would kill to go to maryland. lucky!

Source(s): Attending school in FL
  • aguila
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

i dont think of you may get into FSU, till you're perhaps a legacy. the regular freshman extensive-unfold into FSU boasts a severe college grade factor regular of four.0, an SAT score of 1261 (in severe examining and math) or an ACT of 28.

• 10 years ago

You can always go to school in maryland and transfer to florida.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.