University of Maryland, or Florida State?

I think I want to major in mechanical engineering. I live in Maryland so the cost for umd would be cheaper but I would also enjoy the distance from home (warm weather!) if I went to Florida. Which school do you think is better? (please consider all aspects of college-- education, location, social aspects and anything else)

Thank you!

Favorite Answer

It's hard to answer this, you didn't exactly say your financial standing.

If you've got a lovely college fund, shoot for FSU. But even FSU isn't really that great, theyre kind of a football school, and huge. Its one of those schools where people are numbers not students.

I would kill to go to maryland. lucky!

Source(s): Attending school in FL
  • aguila

i dont think of you may get into FSU, till you're perhaps a legacy. the regular freshman extensive-unfold into FSU boasts a severe college grade factor regular of four.0, an SAT score of 1261 (in severe examining and math) or an ACT of 28.

You can always go to school in maryland and transfer to florida.