Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 years ago

Why should Alabama play in the National championship game?

I dont buy the argument that the Alabama should play LSU in the title game by the simple fact that Alabama is proven to be the 2nd best team in the nation and the title game should be between the 2 best teams. All those ESPN guys that say Alabama is "proven" to be the 2nd best team in the nation piss me off.

How can anybody prove Alabama is better than Oklahama state, or better than Virginia tech or maybe even stanford? It cant be proven unless they played. The only concrete evidence that I see is that LSU is better than Alabama therefore by process of elimination we already know who is the national champion if they do end up playing each other (of course alabama could win, but in all fairness any of the top 5 bcs teams right now could beat LSU also). So how do you just assume Alabama is the 2nd best team in the nation? I want to see a process of elimation to determine that LSU is the best team in the nation and we have proven alabama is not because they already lost to LSU.

How do these espn guys go around with their bias all day and get away with it?

Favorite Answer

There are just as many on ESPN that don't want a rematch as those that do. ESPN is not biased either way. In fact, all the Alabama fans I've heard claim that ESPN doesn't want Alabama in the BCSNCG and are talking them down. So it's all in how you take it and who you listen to.

Here's the issue I have...why is it that only in college football is it a cardinal sin for a two teams to play each other once in the regular season and then in a championship game? In the NFL two teams are very likely to meet during the season and then meet in the Super Bowl. If the team that lost during the regular season lost by 3 or 30 it makes no difference. If they win the SB they are champions. In the MLB it is the same and in every other professional sport it is ok for this to happen. So unless you just hate Alabama and/or the SEC why is this rematch such a horrid proposal?

The short of it is Alabama did everything they needed to do to make it to the title game. OK St, Oregon, Stanford, Oklahoma (and I'll even throw in Boise St.) knew what they had to do to make it and they didn't do it. You can't lose to a 28 pt underdog (OK St v Iowa St) and expect any sympathy. I'll even let you answer this question: Which looks better side by side...an overtime loss to the #1 team in the nation by 3 pts.....an overtime loss to a 28 pt underdog by a touchdown.

AL lost to the #1 ranked LSU in overtime and would have won if not for faulty field goal kicking.

OSU lost to an unranked Iowa State and barely beat Kansas State. Sorry, but there's no way to fix it.

Alabama is gonna play against LSU and a team from the SEC will win the BCS trophy for the 6th year in a row.

Source(s): Says an unbiased watcher of college football
  • uggy

It should be 1 vs. 2

Source(s): Football Junkie

Their record for this year, the schedule that they played and the stats against LSU. Dummy!

I couldn't agree with you more, and that's why I believe that we need to have a playoff system in college football. I just wrote an article about this for my blog at http://bikinihill.blogspot.com/ if you're interested in reading it. Voting teams into the national championship game is a total joke.

• Sam

Bama already lost at HOME to LSU ... no way they should get another chance to win the media title.

• Nick

Who cares!

Source(s): College football is stupid, and the BCS isn't fair and doesn't make sense.