Why should Alabama play in the National championship game?

I dont buy the argument that the Alabama should play LSU in the title game by the simple fact that Alabama is proven to be the 2nd best team in the nation and the title game should be between the 2 best teams. All those ESPN guys that say Alabama is "proven" to be the 2nd best team in the nation piss me... show more I dont buy the argument that the Alabama should play LSU in the title game by the simple fact that Alabama is proven to be the 2nd best team in the nation and the title game should be between the 2 best teams. All those ESPN guys that say Alabama is "proven" to be the 2nd best team in the nation piss me off.

How can anybody prove Alabama is better than Oklahama state, or better than Virginia tech or maybe even stanford? It cant be proven unless they played. The only concrete evidence that I see is that LSU is better than Alabama therefore by process of elimination we already know who is the national champion if they do end up playing each other (of course alabama could win, but in all fairness any of the top 5 bcs teams right now could beat LSU also). So how do you just assume Alabama is the 2nd best team in the nation? I want to see a process of elimation to determine that LSU is the best team in the nation and we have proven alabama is not because they already lost to LSU.

How do these espn guys go around with their bias all day and get away with it?