what companies offer mobile home insurance?

i live in ny. all the ones i've found don't do ny or won't insure us because of the age. it was made in 1979. the only one i could find was geico but they want an insane amount of documentation that i just can provide. like if the roof has been replaced and stuff. i know insurance on such an old home is pointless but i have to have it in the park where i live and moving it isn't an option.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • lucy
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Due to the age of this mobile home, will make it difficult to find insurance.

I have a 1980 mobile home that we use in a campground and we have it insured with State Farm. Granted mobile homes depreciate, but you still have an insurable interest, since you live there and have personal property and if it were to be destroyed, would need a place to live till repaired and/or totaled.

The reason the park wants you to insure it, is not only on the mobile home, but for liability also. If someone gets hurt in your home, then your insurance would cover it.

Since it is required to have, why not talk to your neighbors and ask them who insures their mobile homes? That is how we were able to find insurance for ours, since we asked other campers what insurance company they used. In my state, there are only 2 companies that will insure mobile homes and most likely in NY, may find that to be the same there.

good luck

• 3 years ago

they gained't purchase you a sparkling domicile. they're going to write an estimate for the wear and tear to the domicile. If the estimate equals or exceeds the insurance decrease - they're going to evaluate the domicile a complete loss. they'd do one verify payable to the two you and the non-public loan company or they'd do 2 exams - a million to you and the non-public loan company for the steadiness of the non-public loan and a million for you for any fairness. each and each company has their own technique they stick to. In my state, cellular properties that are no longer on an enduring beginning up have a identify to them-- basically like a vehicle identify. The coverage company would have you ever sign the identify to the domicile over to them. Or they'd circulate away the broken domicile with you to delay. because of the fact i don't know extra approximately what form of injury you have, there is not any longer plenty extra i can inform you. in case you desire a place to stay -- touch the crimson circulate on your section. frequently they're going to help out by applying buying you to spend some days in a motel. this provides you with a while to get in touch with your coverage company.

• 8 years ago

The insurer is asking for documentation in order to assess how much risk they would be undertaking if they offer you homeowners insurance. If its on a permanent foundation, its ordinarily considered to be more secure than if it wasn't. They also want to know about the underpinning. It could be quite a high dollar difference without the documents that could be beneficial to you.

And yes: because its more than 30 years old, they ask about the roof because older roofs used to have a life of about 25 years. Below is a link to Metlife.

• 8 years ago

NO insurance company will give you mobile home insurance on a home more than 25 years old. It's uninsurable, because it's worthless.

These are depreciating assets, just like cars, and over the years, they will depreciate down to NO value.

The best you can hope for, is renters insurance, where you have liability coverage and contents coverage, but no coverage on the mobile home, which, after all, is worthless by now.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

I would recommend one to try this web page where onel can compare rates from the best companies: http://INSURERATESME.INFO/index.html?src=1YAbpopiP...

RE :What companies offer mobile home insurance?

i live in ny. all the ones i've found don't do ny or won't insure us because of the age. it was made in 1979. the only one i could find was geico but they want an insane amount of documentation that i just can provide. like if the roof has been replaced and stuff. i know insurance on such an old home is pointless but i have to have it in the park where i live and moving it isn't an option.

Follow 2 answers

• 3 years ago

sounds weird

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.