If the Catholic priest sex scandal proves that being celibate make you a pedophile, what about Penn State?

Does the sex scandal at Penn State and Syracuse University prove that being a college coach makes you more likely to be a pedophile?

Best Answer

I looked it up: about 1 priest in 1000 is found to be a paedophile. In fact, teachers are more likely to be, and most abused kids are abused by parents (75%), or other family members (15%).

I looked this up. Paedophiles come in all walks of society.

Anyone who thinks that this sort of abuse doesn't go on everywhere is hiding their head in the sand. There are ALWAYS wolves around. I think the craziness is how people are so afraid of helping another person, and a CHILD in these cases. I hate hearing these cases were someone able to help but wasn't willing to stand up and be a real man. If I ever walk up on someone molesting a child, I pray that the Spirit of God would not let me walk away, that every bit of my being would be ready to stand up and defend those who can't defend themselves.

No.

And I don't believe a word of the Syracuse University scandal, either. The press is convicting coaches Fine and Boeheim without evidence OR the benefit of trial.

People are sounding off the most about it

http://www.talkshi.com/2011/11/penn-state-universi...

Source(s): www.talkshi.com

You find a lot of pedophiles in family courts and cps and foster homes and schools. A lot.

No link between the two.

No, I don't agree.

But people that like children , that way, will always have jobs and hobbies that involve little ones.

Lets be clear.

Pedophilia is not a gay issue. Men prey on girls and boys.

Gay guys over 18 can do what they want; they are breaking no laws.

I think that believing that gay sex is good makes you more likely to have gay sex with anyone, including children and youth and that the gay friendly attitudes of the '60s and '70s allowed predators to infiltrate and flourish..

If you look at the John Jay study of it, it shows that the great majority of the abuse was homosexual abuse. 80.9% of the victims were male.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jay_Report

To say that gay and the abuse problem are separate issues is absolute denial.

• Pedophiles will go anywhere they can prey.

it shows that religious people and rich people will overlook pedophile behavior under all circumstances