Burnt finger on straighteners, REALLY painful?

I was straightening my hair about 20mins ago when I accidentally clamped the iron down on my index (pointy) finger. My whole finger is red and has a white wrinkly patch on it. It REALLY hurts! I ran it under the tap, but that hurt even more, so I stopes after about 1 minute. I have school in about an hour, so what else can I do in that time to help my finger? I've burnt my finger on my straighteners before, but it wasn't this painful and you couldn't really see a burn.

Thanks in advance,

Hannah.

Favorite Answer

If it just happened, put tooth paste all over the burn and leave it alone for about 10 minutes. The pain should be gone.

There are three kinds of burns. 1st degree 2nd degree and 3rd degree. 1st degree is redness and swelling. Second degree is redness,peeling , welts and sores. Third degree is blackened skin and you can see your bone. Rarely with a third degree burn you can feel the pain because the nerves are destroyed. Yours sounds like a first or possible second degree burn. Firstly, what you should do is put it on ice for a while and let it sit. If you can, ask your parents if you can take ibuprofen for the pain, and if it gets intense at school tell your teachers what happened. Maybe the nurse can help you more. I hope I helped. :)

Source(s): Me
  • Kim

Ooh well u need it to b cool the whole time, like cold, so keep a constant wet cloth on it, if it doesnt get any better then u should c a doctor. Wear a very very thick 'bandage' (like maybe a gauze) especially if its ur writing finger.

Most of all, if u do go to school, dont let ur friends call u a wimp. Ur being tough just coming to school

This happens to all girls at some stage. I stood on my 200 degree straightners once, it wasn't pretty! It will hurt for up to a few days, and it will most likely blister, put a plaster on it so you don't knock it or catch it on anything.

it sounds loopy yet placed mint toothpaste on your burn and wrap it in a band-help or gauze and tape based how massive the burn is. you additionally can run it under heat water, you do not opt to apply chilly water with the aid of fact it reasons a blister to variety.

Put triple antibiotic ointment on it and put a band-aid on it

Source(s): i straighten my hair too

Ice it, or put pressure on it.