Do you find the Confederate flag racist?

I love history and in my room on the Wall there's a bunch of historic flags and pictures. one of my freinds recently pointed out what he called a confederate flag (it's actually the square battle flag of the Army of Northern Virgina)and accused me of being racist.... it's hanging next to an american flag of the period (and the american flag his hung higher) and the colors of the 69th Ny volunteer infantry (a union infantry unit). im simply honoring hisroty and showing my love of it and someone find's it racist. what's your take on it?

Favorite Answer

the confederate flag is not racist. it may be taken that way because it was used by the south during war and they were considered racist, however the confederate flag means you stand up for what you believe in, whether it be racism or doing good in school.

Source(s): country family raised around the flag

First, I'm not a racist so don't call me one, and second No, I've never found a Confederate flag.

Not in the least. It's a part of U.S. history.