how can i sue my company for harassment and a hostile work environment?

My co-workers and I started a union drive I played a major role and this, I was also the poll watcher. The very day my company found out my role they started to punish me. From suspensions to being fired 3 different times for 6 different reason,I have since been hired back. I have filed numerous charges with the labor board,my company has tired to settle with them. I am still subjected to their retaliatory efforts.The labor board will be able to get my back pay, but this company has put me through alot of stress. I want to sue them for punitive damages for harassment and a hostile work environment.

Favorite Answer

Do you really want a response reviewing the employment law throughout all 50 U.S. states, and everywhere else in the world? No earthly idea where you are, whether your union agreement is still controlling, whether you are in a right-to-work (nonunion) state, what "labor board" you are talking about, whether you fall under the EEOC "retaliation" criteria.... You need an employment lawyer who is also a mind-reader. That's how to sue.

• Liana

No. Sue the person, not the company. The company didn't do anything. They just hired her. Which is entirely their prerogative. Plus, as they stated, you don't know the full circumstances. By the way, you're currently guilty of libel, by spreading such things about a person, which could impact their career and harm whatever reputation she has. Who's harassing, now?

I live in Michigan and lost my job for what they say ( several altercations which included physically grabbing)

this employee of the same company I work for. He harassed me for over a month. After 2 weeks of harassment i told his supervisor about him running up to me saying he wanted to fight and verbal abuse .Nothing was done. Two more weeks go by and gets worse with him now coming over my building telling me in front of others that they can watch him kick my ***. He came over to my building 6 times in about 1hour. The last time that day he came up to me in my building and said f.u while I was working. Well I grabbed his shirt and asked him if he was going to stop and that had enough. At that time he said f.u. and drove of on his Hilo and his shirt was tore. He still works there I don t :(. What can I do.

You will need to retain a labor lawyer if you want to pursue this. Your question smacks of one-sidedness so I suspect that the company is on firm legal ground and you will not be successful. But again, if you pay for a labor lawyer he might advise that it is worth pursuing.

You cant. You already have a case going and they are fighting you. That is not harassment. And just what did you expect to happen when you reported them? Seems you are causing the stress.

You can only sue for those things if you've lost your job but, as you pointed out, you have your job back. No suit for you.

You are an awful person

You would have to prove that you did nothing wrong.