applying green card can be denied?

for what reasons can your applying green card be denied? i use fiance visa. and soon apply for adjustment of status

Update:

what about if my husband has no work yet?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If they find out your marriage is fraudulent, entered primarily into in order to get immigration benefits.

Many K-1s don't have another interview, but you will need to provide an Affidavit of Support, form I-864, to send in with your AoS package. If you don't make enough money, you will need a co-sponsor. Do not send in your AoS package before you have everything you need, including the Affidavit of Support. Keep in mind there is no time line for you to file. All that matters is that you got married within 90 days of arrival in the U.S. You can now file for AoS at your own pace.

Source(s): The son of a German mother and a Swedish father, I have lived in 6 European countries before immigrating to Southern California two decades ago. I work as a corporate attorney in Santa Barbara and my main interest lies in issues concerning multiple citizenships.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Green Cards based on marriage are not usually denied, though getting them may take a while for other reasons. As a requirement for having a Green Card, though, you are required to be "of good moral character". This means having committed significant crimes might disqualify you. Involvement with terrorist organization is also going to be a problem, even if you were never convicted of a crime. Current drug addiction would also be a reason to deny a Green Card application.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

1) If your husband can't file I-864 affidavit of support.

2) If USCIS found out that your marriage is fake.

3) if you hold any criminal background

4) if you have any one reason mentioned in USA immigration law for rejecting your visa/renewal of your visa.

Attorney at law

Gaurang Parikh

+91-9819162627

Source(s): www.uscis.gov
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

If your here illegaly then you cannot

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

past criminal record ...overstay in the US ... failed medical ... lies on application

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.