Why do we REALLY need school?

Honestly, all of our time is spent learning useless information. We aren't going to use any information about random wars in the past, or any details about boring books later in life. I know we need it for spelling, and math that we will need for financial reasons in the future. Couldn't we just go to... show more Honestly, all of our time is spent learning useless information. We aren't going to use any information about random wars in the past, or any details about boring books later in life. I know we need it for spelling, and math that we will need for financial reasons in the future. Couldn't we just go to school all together for a few years to earn the basic stuff, then start branching off at a younger age? I know 100% that my future job will not require me to know what year the Lexington/Concord battle was in, or what the 3 wishes were in "The Monkey's Paw" by W.W. Jacobs. Anyways, most of the time spent in the school building is spent passing from class to class, listening to the teacher explain the same concept for the tenth time because one person in your class doesn't understand, or just sitting there while your teacher doesn't pay any attention to the class and just letting us talk. They stick us in classes of 25+ kids and expect us to all get along, despite our differences in opinions and interests, then they wonder why bullying is such a big deal. You see, I could go on and on about how the education system is such a big mess, but I am going to bring this to a point.

I'm in eighth grade, and I feel that most of what we learn in school is useless. Our parents didn't even learn this stuff in college, and look at them. My parents stopped being able to help me with homework in the sixth grade because I had passed their college educations.

Please explain to me the logic of today's school system, because honestly I just do not understand it.
Update: I am in no way saying that we shouldn't just stop going to school at a younger age. I am just wondering why we can't branch off into our areas of interests sooner. It would (maybe) solve some of the bullying issues, and kids would want to go to school because they would actually like the stuff being taught, and... show more I am in no way saying that we shouldn't just stop going to school at a younger age. I am just wondering why we can't branch off into our areas of interests sooner. It would (maybe) solve some of the bullying issues, and kids would want to go to school because they would actually like the stuff being taught, and would have a point to learn it.