How do I seek God when I need him most?

Do I call on him, or will he know and hear me when I need to talk with him. If I feel lost, because my dad has failed me, but I seek my heavenly father. Does he know I need him, and want to talk with him?

Favorite Answer

I feel very blessed to have gotten on here for just a moment, and now get to answer such an important question! First of all, just the fact that you are seeking Him with all your heart shows Him that you desire to know Him and find Him. (Do you have access to a Bible? If so, look these up in the table of contents by Book name, Chapter and then verse)

Jeremiah 29:13 (NIV)  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. YOU'VE JUST DONE THAT!~ :)

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world (THIS MEANS YOU!~) that he gave his one and only Son,* that whoever (YOU AGAIN!) believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

You asked if He will know you, or hear you? Just read this whole Psalm 139...It will make you smile or even cry!

Psalm 139:1-24

139:1 

O LORD, you have searched me

and you know me.

[2] You know when I sit and when I rise;

you perceive my thoughts from afar.

[3] You discern my going out and my lying down;

you are familiar with all my ways.

[4] Before a word is on my tongue

you know it completely, O LORD.

[5] You hem me in—behind and before;

you have laid your hand upon me.

[6] Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,

too lofty for me to attain.

[7] Where can I go from your Spirit?

Where can I flee from your presence?

[8] If I go up to the heavens, you are there;

if I make my bed in the depths,* you are there.

[9] If I rise on the wings of the dawn,

if I settle on the far side of the sea,

[10] even there your hand will guide me,

your right hand will hold me fast.

[11] If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me

and the light become night around me,”

[12] even the darkness will not be dark to you;

the night will shine like the day,

for darkness is as light to you.

[13] For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother's womb.

[14] I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful,

I know that full well.

[15] My frame was not hidden from you

when I was made in the secret place.

When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

[16] your eyes saw my unformed body.

All the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be.

[17] How precious to* me are your thoughts, O God!

How vast is the sum of them!

[18] Were I to count them,

they would outnumber the grains of sand.

When I awake,

I am still with you.

[19] If only you would slay the wicked, O God!

Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!

[20] They speak of you with evil intent;

your adversaries misuse your name.

[21] Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD,

and abhor those who rise up against you?

[22] I have nothing but hatred for them;

I count them my enemies.

[23] Search me, O God, and know my heart;

test me and know my anxious thoughts.

[24] See if there is any offensive way in me,

and lead me in the way everlasting.

You asked if He knows that you need Him? Yes, because He created you. He wants to hear from you, He waits for us to talk with Him. If you truly seek Him, you become His child.

Jesus said in the book of John, Chapter 10, verse 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.

It's more than just all this, and if you want to communicate privately, just look me up under Dragonfly.

He is there, He does know you, He does hear you.

Source(s): The Holy Bible

For reasons not relating to this question, I attended a movie titled 'Eat, Love, Pray', and found the answer to your question. The protagonist, played by Julia Roberts, described the state of god as "lives in and through me". If this is true, and I believe it to be, you need to look deep in yourself to find your god.

Now it's entirely possible that you will get an answer like "forgive him, for his intentions were pure" or some such. The 21st century god isn't good at holding a grudge and is really into forgiveness. Not big on smiting. His answer could be to talk to your dad and work it out.

But whatever, you will probably find your answer within yourself.

My best intentions are with you.

God knows you are in need. Just sit down and let God know of everything that's going wrong, and pray. Put your trust in God, and serve him with your life. Let God guide you through life. Go to church to learn more about our Heavenly Father. Seeking God is easy. Don't do it just when you need him. Believe in God all the time. He will help you, no matter what. We are his children!

Sure, call upon him and he will rescue you and you will glorify him. See these verses:

Isa. 41:10, Ps. 50:15, I John 4:4; 5:14-15, Luke 10:19, Psalm 91:1-16, Isa. 54:17; 59:19; 50:7; 61:1-3.

Read verses and meditate on the word:

http://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/index.php?...

First you must believe Jesus Christ is your Savior. Find yourself a quite place. Say your prayer in simple terms but be sure to end it "in Jesus' Name. Jesus is our mediator and only through Him will God hear our prayers.

Although this is not Scriptural, during my life of 74 years I have found that by taking the first step in solving my problem myself God comes through to help me to a succesful conclusion.

He already knows your problems and He has already come up with a solution before you even imagined this problem, all you need to do is ask for His help.

God bless :)

• ?

Call on Him, sit down somewhere quiet, go out in nature and just be still and ask God to calm your spirit and guide you. God knows you want to talk to Him, and He will hear you. He's just waiting for you to make the first move.

Pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster everyday to get into stripper factory beer volcano heaven. May his noodly appendages rain down upon you with extra parmesan. RAmen.

• Check behind the couch.

Source(s): "God is everywhere. We can find his glory in many unexpected places." -paraphrased from many answers here.

Don't worry he knows you need him. He's waiting for you to confide in him this very minute. God bless. :)

Source(s): I am a Christian. :)