Why Do I Have A Terrible Head Ach?

I have terrible head ach on the top and back of my head,why is this?

Favorite Answer

Likely a tension headache, which is the most common.

Take a couple of tennis balls, put them into a cotton sock, tie it off so they are snug, then lay on it so there is one at the base of your skull, both sides.

It's a designated acupressure point for headaches.

And it's called a tension headache because you get them when you're tense. Actually, when that muscle at the base of your skull is tense.

Deep breathing when you are tense, or rub your hands together till the skin on your palms gets hot.

This could be just a regular head ache that is just really strong, or because you have been stressed alot. But this could also be a migraine. Just take some advil/ Tylenol and get some rest and you should feel better in no time :)

Source(s): I have these headaches all the time

Tylenol is okay, however dont supply Asprin. Check her temperature if you'll be able to. Look for different signs reminiscent of stiff neck, top fever, or quandary respiring which would possibly point out the likelihood of a extra severe situation.