christopher nolan vs michael bay?

im not an idiot, i just want to know what people would say when i compared these two

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I'd say Nolan is ten times the filmmaker Bay is.

Bay is good at blowing stuff up, but that's about it. His films rarely have any real story, depth or meaning. His films may be entertaining, but you've forgotten them by the next day.

Nolan, however, is the quintessential filmmaker. His stories are original, his direction is imaginative and assured without making your head hurt (like Bay's) and his always pulls top-notch performances from his actors. Unlike Bay, the themes of his films stick with you long after you've seen them.

• 6 years ago

I would say Christopher Nolan is a more talanted storyteller than Michael Bay! I do like Bays films though.

http://www.megapixelab.se/

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Christopher Jonathan James Nolan (born July 30, 1970) is a British-American[3] film director, screenwriter and producer. And Michael Benjamin Bay (born February 17, 1965) is an American film director and producer. He is known for directing high-budget action films characterized by their fast edits, stylistic visuals and substantial practical special effects.

• 9 years ago

Inception is win. The Dark Knight was good and Batman Begins was decent. I'm hoping The Dark Knight Rises will be as good as TDK. Haven't seen anything else by him.

I can't stand Michael Bay.

Source(s): My opinion
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

christopher nolan is story driven with great script writing ability and stunning realistic visuals to top it off.

bay is a talentless hack who has cg driven effects and cliched plot-hole-ridden stories that arent good to begin with. bay just throws action and money at his directorial process.

former=artist

latter=whats wrong with the industry

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Bay is Gay

• 9 years ago

MICHAEL BAY EXPLOSIONS!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.