Gift for boyfriend: Cute or weird?

So I was thinking of a few things to give to my boyfriend for christmas because it would all be smaller things. So one of the things came up with was a dog tag. It would have his name, my name, the day he asked me out, and where we were Christmas is also our 9 month anniversary. Now he is an artsy guy,... show more So I was thinking of a few things to give to my boyfriend for christmas because it would all be smaller things.

So one of the things came up with was a dog tag. It would have his name, my name, the day he asked me out, and where we were

Christmas is also our 9 month anniversary.

Now he is an artsy guy, not the military type at all which is why I think it might we a weird gift, also it might be weird because putting it on a necklace might freak him out about being together forever or something.

If you are a guy would you like this as a gift? If you would/n't what type of guy are you and why would you like it or not. Thanks!
Update: It only costs like 5-10 dollars, so its not like its that big a money issue.
I don't need other gift suggestions, I have other ideas, but what do you think of this idea?