How often should you sweep the floor?

I think there's something wrong with my mum. She cleans the floor twice a day, and has some sort of routine - sweep upstairs and downstairs, then again with some cloth thing, then mops the bathrooms. Isn't that too extreme even for a neat freak? Our house rarely has any visitors and my parents and I are... show more I think there's something wrong with my mum. She cleans the floor twice a day, and has some sort of routine - sweep upstairs and downstairs, then again with some cloth thing, then mops the bathrooms.
Isn't that too extreme even for a neat freak? Our house rarely has any visitors and my parents and I are both out on most days either for work or school. Still no matter how tired she is, my mum does that routine every single day.
This has been going on since forever. My dad and I try explaining to her but it's no use. l:
Update: Thanks for the answers. :)

Well apparently she thinks it's normal. Our floor's not dirty at all, we all wear indoor slippers and everything. There's sometimes a few strands of hair or dust here and there and my mum freaks out.