Maggy asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 8 years ago

Is there a drug like the one in the movie Limitless?

In the movie Limitless there's this drug that opens 100% of your brain. Is there something that opens up like 90% or something like that?

Best Answer

No. And we actually always use 100% of our brains.

I don't know where the idea of us using only 15% or whatever of our brains but that's just a movie gimmick.

The reality is that you use 15% of your neurons at a time, but this is because the other neuron pathways are simply not being use for that purpose when the brain is being scanned.

If all the neurons in your head fired off and kept firing off at once you'd probaby just start spazzing out and then die. It's like if you dropped a computer in water and expected it to work better.

There is no drug which shows your minds complete potential. The reason why is because the theory that our minds only use 20% is a myth. There is no evidence that we only use a certain percent of our brains. Certain people, genius or not, use more brain power than others because each brain may be capable of more than another

Why yes, it is. It is made by the same people who sell weight-loss pills, muscle building pills, etc.

That is - all lies. There is no product that is like on the movie Limitless, or makes you loose weight, or makes your body big and strong.

But, unfortunately, people believe advertising and continue to buy these products.

No, there is not. It is completely fake and impossible. First of all, you would starve of oxygen if you took it- due to the amount of oxygen it takes to sustain brain cells. We also use 100 percent of our brains unlike the popular myth the media loves to exploit, so there would be nothing to "unlock."

I think the people who made http://bofads.com probably took that drug from Limitless, so I guess it exists.

No. There's something that does but it takes quite a bit longer.

Live life loving

See you weren't even using 1% of ur brain when you asked that... No.. If there was everyone would know about it..

Source(s): A brain
  • Naguru

Honestly speaking I have no idea about it from philosophical angle.

Source(s): own

Not that I knew of.

I don't think so.