Is it safe to sell things on craigslist anymore?

On the news this morning another person murdered by someone selling something on craigslist as a way to lure a victim to a kill 4 sport game of his own .( Plus all the scammers as well. ) Is it safe to use in your opinion ?

• Rhonda
    Favorite Answer

NO NOT REALLY.....

I suspect there is some nasty competitive, behind the scenes political dynamics between nation-wide recognized website services. I'm inclined to believe Craigslist has been getting plenty of negative PR damage from the site's competitors---and hasn't done much to return what's been given to them.

But I can also fault Craigslist's founder, Craig Newmark, and his website maintenance staff for NOT doing major website overhauls that could have given better protection to them as an online business----and the people who use the website, evidently at their own risk. Perhaps pinching pennies has forced Craigslist to pour out BIG MONEY in legal protections; you can see the irony there---and I suspect Newmark sees the same thing too now.

Good luck to Newmark IF he ponders on selling Craigslist at this stage of things.

Use wise measures of common sense and review websites BEFORE you jump in and use them.

It seems that craigslist is nothing but scams, whether you place an ad or answer one. I suggest play it safe and avoid craigslist.

Source(s): Personal experience.
  • veloz

in case you take advantage of paypal for all of your transaction then ebay might want to correctly be a large position to purchase and promote. With craiglist you ought to satisfy the guy head to head and that is not always danger-free, ourss with ebay people get to bid on the object and also you stand to make added money. mx

You can get murdered anywhere. If you're that afraid, stay in your house and never leave. Then again, something could always fall on you and then you'd die.

Not really...I don't trust people online. Thts why there's re-sale shops.