Ron Lyle, may he Rest In Peace?

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=txobitronlyl...

One of the best contenders of any era, I felt the Colorado native had what i took to be a champion had he not fought in teh same era as Muhammad Ali. Hard hitter, had a good set of whiskers and solid boxing skills. He will be missed.

• Favorite Answer

Ron Lyle, what a top fighter. He'd be a champ of some form in most eras. How unlucky that he had to be around in the most talent rich era the division ever saw.

Foreman called him the hardest puncher he ever faced. He had an iron head (got off the deck from a Shavers haymaker to win by KO) and good stamina too. Up on the cards against Ali, almost KO'd Foreman in one of the greatest fights ever. It's amazing that he did it all after spending years in prison and getting shaked in the abdoman.

Beat Ellis, Shavers, Bonavena, Bugner etc. At his best I'd back him to KO Gerry Cooney. Cooney get him at the right time. He'd be a contender in any era. May he Rest In Peace.

TONGUE-CLICK!

• Carol

Ron Lyle had the size to give the Klitschkos problems ,as long as he can protect his chin ,but i think the Klitschkos are to fundamentally sound ,if a young wild ,punching George Foreman can knock Lyle out, then a more accurate puncher and over all more technical fighters that are also bigger a young Foreman like the Klitschkos should. Haye is much quick ,and has power himself ,and i think he would beat Lyle to the punch with a few of those haymaker right hands ,and it's lights out for him Lyle ,but if Lyle had a stiff jab to keep Haye at a distance like the Klitschkos do ,Lyle would have more of a chance.

R.I.P Ron Lyle

That is some sudden and sad news indeed. The man was a big and strong heavyweight that fought some of the best of a great era of heavyweights. I will never forget his absoulte war with George Foreman and he almost pulled off the huge upset as he knocked Foreman down several times in one of the most amazing fights I ever seen. He will be missed.

R.I.P Ron Lyle. A very good fighter.

R.I.P Ron Lyle

RIP

I'm about to youtube Lyle vs Foreman right now.

• Stone

A true warrior. Heart of a lion inside the ring and out, he will be greatly missed!!

I know he's sparring Joe Frazier in heaven as we speak.

RIP

• Matt

A great example of a man who turned his life around, he always gave it everything he had. RIP

R.I.P Lyle

R.I.P Ron.