Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 8 years ago

To all those who make/ wanna make they're own unique music, where do you draw your inspiration from?

Currently I make music like Lil Wayne and I rap similar to Royce da 5'9, i'm serious. I hate the music I make, they have catchy hooks but its not me, guns, drugs, money, women all those subjects in a hip hop song sucks to me, I rap about my religion pretty good but I don't wanna go in Lacrae's Direction. Then I listened to a rapper named Aesop Rock specifically a song named "None Shall pass", I can't lie I loved it, The complex lyrics with shady meanings and poetry, the beautiful chorus, the beat, It was incredible (well to me anyways because I listen to mainstream crap excluding Eminem) I threw my previous rap books away after using all the raps in them of course, and decided that I wanted to do Alternative hip hop and possibly indie hip hop but idk. Then I realized I didn't know how to start lol, I know I can rap about social problems within the nation and insert some poetry too but I wish I had some inspiration of some sort because when I recite my lyrics I'm just not feeling it. Any tips? Where do you draw your inspiration?

• Nick
    Favorite Answer

-personal experiences

-heartbreak

-government corruption

-random things

Look for inspiration in the smallest things I thought of a sick hot dog punchline cuz I was at nathans lol

Alot of the lyrics I've been writing have to do with the death of my girl recently. Check some of the lyrics I've posted if you wanna see em.