Have any non-believers seen the "Did Jesus Rise From The Dead?" debate by William Lane Craig?

I'm watching it now and was wondering if any atheists/agnostics/non-Christians listened open-mindedly to what he was saying and found flaws in it. I'm an agnostic atheist/former Christian so I am still skeptical sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akd6qzFYzX8

Youtube thumbnail

@Jill, I can understand why you wouldn't want to see it, as you are not a skeptic like I am. But to say you do not need to and know for a fact is arrogant (assuming you are not an apologist/archaeologist/historian/etc), because if someone as a famous skilled a debater as him won that argument, to simply say you know Jesus didn't rise from the dead before listening to his debate (because other debates regarding the resurrection are weak), is kind of naive. But it's mainly naive since I'm asking if anyone has.

@Boywonder - I certainly will check out his debate "Could A Loving God Send People To Hell?" because while I can understand while Christians think that as I used to be one, logically, it doesn't make sense and seems malevolent. So I check it out to see whether Dr. Craig comes up with good reasons or just says the same crap I've heard before.

Favorite Answer

If you want to see the logical fallacies of William Lane Craig, watch his debate with Sam Harris.

Craig gets his medieval-minded a** handed to him so beautifully.

William lane Craig is an excellent debater and has probably won every single debate he has entered with atheists. What he does so well is not "prove atheists wrong" but rather simply shows beyond any doubt that the Christian faith IS reasonable. You will find a ton of online "intellectuals" that will go on and on about how many ways Craig is stupid but for some reason none of the brightest atheists in the world find their ideas worth their time once the debate begins. He is a real deal academic. He has several debates with several prominent scholars on the resurrection of Christ. They all have interesting arguements. Check out his website at reasonablefaith.org it's got a great Q&A section and all of his debates posted too. Also watch his debates on does god exist? Or could a loving god send people to hell? Great content for those honestly seeking truth

EDIT- update or email me once you watch it. He puts out some really great ideas on the subject. It is so refreshing to hear a skeptic give him credit. I have little to no patience to all these bashers who will never concede that he made a good point. He just did a seminar in Oxford (after the debate at bermingham) and got lavished with praise by the head director of philosophy at Oxford (who apparently owns several of Craig's published works) for his work in philosophy of time (and cosmology) the historicity of Jesus Christ and was noted as the foremost defender of the Christian faith alive today.......... But no he is an IDIOT........ Right

I haven't watched it, as I have little patience for mind-numbing stupidity, though I have seen 2 of his debates; one with Christopher Hitchens and Sam Harris.

The problem with William Lane Craig is that he talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and throws out too many things for you to address, when he hasn't actually said anything worth addressing. No matter what he says, the physical evidence still is not presented.

There isn't anything particularly compelling about his words either way, as he lacks a complete understanding of cosmology, which makes it only mildly amusing when he tries to argue a proof of god centered around it.

• Erika

i'm no longer shocked that Richard Dawkins declined, I propose he's a scientist in spite of everything, so he in all hazard gets bored stiff in basically arguing with regard to the existence of God each of the time. extremely considering that people placed phrases in his mouth and continually attempt to ridicule him. each time I see Richard Dawkins in a debate with a theist or in ordinary terms a creationist, the communicate on no account seems to be extremely honest. They consistently decrease Richard Dawkins off in mid sentence jointly as he's making an attempt to answer their questions, and that they attempt to make people believe that he despises people who believe in identity.

I've listened to William Lane Craig several times and I am not impressed with him. Half of the time you can't even understand what he's trying to say and the other half of the time he doesn't understand what he's trying to say.

What I want to know is did he go up with just the clothes he had on.

You know, later when he made his daring ascent unto heaven. And how come he hasn't been heard from since?

No but I don't need to see it. There is no credible debate regarding resurrection. There is no credible debate for a god either.

sorry. i have the intention span of a chipmunk.

No, I didn't.