I have a fever, soar throat, and body achs please help!!!?

When looking into the back of my throat there is white like stringy things, like I ate a cotton ball and the strands had gotten matted in the back of my throat. I have a fever of 100.6 and my body hurts everywhere. My throat hurts really bad. I'm trying to find out if its something serious enough to go to doctor. I looked at pictures of strep throat and none of them matched also I have had my tonsils out if that helps.

Favorite Answer

No one can diagnose you through a computer. It does sound like you should see a doctor. You could still have the flu or strep throat or another infection in your throat even though you've had your tonsils removed.

• Sagery

Strep (Streptococus) is only one of hundreds of germs that can colonize in the throat. You probably have a viral infection. Fill a cup with warm water, add a good amount of salt to it, stir it up and gargle with it, allow the salt water to get right on where it hurts (it will knock out most of the infection). Also rest, drink plenty of water, and take some ibuprofen. If it doesn't clear up see a doctor.

• mumper

No, do no longer run and leap - relax! you will no longer get extra powerful with the aid of working and leaping. This sounds like it may desire to be strep - different indications comprise white or yellow spots on the tonsils, which will nicely be swollen, and swollen lymph nodes in the neck. you will have the skill to experience the lumps.

I totally agree with linda!