Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 8 years ago

Is there a frame recall for a 2003 toyota tacoma?

Favorite Answer

Ths is from the Motor Trend web site:

Recall ID # 12293 - FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:DELIVERY:HOSES, LINES/PIPING, AND FITTINGS Full Details

Recall Date MAY 19, 2003

Component FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:DELIVERY:HOSES, LINES/PIPING, AND FITTINGS

Model Affected Tacoma

Potential Units Affected 123360

Recall Date:MAY 19, 2003Model Affected:2003 Toyota TacomaSummary:ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, DURING SIDE IMPACT NCAP TEST (I.E. LINCAP TEST), A FLANGE AT THE REAR END OF THE DOUBLE CAB BODY DEFORMED AND INTERFERED WITH THE FUEL INLET HOSE THAT CONNECTS THE FUEL FILLER PIPE AND FUEL TANK, RESULTING IN DAMAGE TO THE FUEL INLET HOSE. Consequences:THIS DAMAGE COULD RESULT IN FUEL LEAKAGE, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A FIRE IF IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE. Remedy:DEALERS WILL INSTALL A FUEL HOSE PROTECTOR ON THE BODY FLANGE. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN JUNE 3, 2003. OWNERS WHO TAKE THEIR VEHICLES TO AN AUTHORIZED DEALER ON AN AGREED UPON SERVICE DATE AND DO NOT RECEIVE THE FREE REMEDY WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME SHOULD CONTACT TOYOTA AT 1-800-331-4331. Potential Units Affected:123360Notes:TOYOTA MOTOR NORTH AMERICA, INC.

Recall ID # 24042 - EXTERIOR LIGHTING Full Details

Recall Date JUL 17, 2006

Component EXTERIOR LIGHTING

Model Affected Tacoma

Potential Units Affected 3593

Recall Date:JUL 17, 2006Model Affected:2003 Toyota TacomaSummary:CERTAIN AJ MOTORSPORT COMBINATION LAMPS SOLD AS REPLACEMENT LAMPS FOR USE ON THE ABOVE LISTED PASSENGER VEHICLES. COMBINATION LAMPS NOT EQUIPPED WITH AMBER SIDE REFLECTORS FAIL TO CONFORM WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 108, LAMPS, REFLECTIVE DEVICES, AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT.Consequences:LACK OF AMBER SIDE REFLECTORS IN THE LAMPS WILL DECREASE LIGHTING VISIBILITY TO OTHER DRIVERS AND MAY POSSIBLY RESULT IN A VEHICLE CRASH.Remedy:AJ MOTORSPORT WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND OFFER REIMBURSEMENT FOR THE LAMPS. THE RECALL BEGAN ON JULY 31, 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT AJ MOTORSPORT AT 626-618-2026.Potential Units Affected:3593Notes:AJ MOTORSPORT

Recall ID # 51920 - SUSPENSION:FRONT:CONTROL ARM:LOWER BALL JOINT Full Details

Recall Date MAY 17, 2005

Component SUSPENSION:FRONT:CONTROL ARM:LOWER BALL JOINT

Model Affected Tacoma

Potential Units Affected 768379

Recall Date:MAY 17, 2005Model Affected:2003 Toyota TacomaSummary:ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, DUE TO A MANUFACTURING ISSUE IN THE FRONT SUSPENSION LOWER BALL JOINT, THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT THE SURFACE OF THE BALL OF THE JOINT MAY HAVE BEEN SCRATCHED. THE BALL JOINT MAY EVENTUALLY EXPERIENCE EXCESSIVE WEAR AND LOOSENESS, RESULTING IN INCREASED STEERING EFFORT. Consequences:THE LOWER BALL JOINT MAY SEPARATE FROM THE KNUCKLE CAUSING LOSS OF STEERING CONTROL AND A CRASH COULD OCCUR.Remedy:DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE FRONT SUSPENSION LOWER BALL JOINTS FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON JULY 5, 2005. OWNERS MAY CONTACT TOYOTA AT 1-800-331-4331.Potential Units Affected:768379Notes:TOYOTA MOTOR NORTH AMERICA, INC.

Recall ID # 81770 - EXTERIOR LIGHTING Full Details

Recall Date MAR 23, 2006

Component EXTERIOR LIGHTING

Model Affected Tacoma

Potential Units Affected 61944

• Erika

2003 Toyota Tacoma Recall

• nicot

Toyota Tacoma Ball Joint Recall

• Sarah

--From experience, early 2000 tundras are the ones that had this problem. There's a recall for the frame rusting on them so if there is rust, it gets replaced free of charge. I must add, the recall was made due to customers living in wet/snow areas where salt is added to roads, Therefore causing rust. Don't get me wrong, anyone that has an early 2000 tundra is eligible for the recall if it hasn't been completed. --In my opinion, if you live in a snow area you can get rust on any truck/car. --I have not seen major rust problems on tacomas. --You can still get an early 2000 tundra with the same engine as a tacoma, but not the other way around.

frame recall 2003 toyota tacoma

There is something going on with toyota. But it is not a total recall. Its a voluntary recall meaning they will warranty only what they want & are not legally bound to cover all as it is a voluntary deal by toyota.

I own a 95.5 & a 2003 tacoma. The dealership in Toronto says that due to my failure to bring the trucks in for undercoating back in 2011 after being notified by toyota . They will not warranty the rusted frame. But they will replace the tire carrier plate.The truck is not safe to drive due to the gaping holes in the frame. But toyota feels there is enough frame to weld or bolt the tire carrier in.

I did not receive any letter from toyota back in 2011 about undercoating nor have I received a letter for anything from toyota as of todays date. I was totally unaware of this undercoating deal or I would have takin it in.to be sprayed. I had jst purchased the 95.5 truck in latter part of 2010. I bought my 2003 four door 4x4 in 2013 at the time it had no holes in the frame that I could see & the body is rust free even to this day. But after 2 winters the frame has rotted & cracked . I was washing it at the car-wash & a piece of frame about 13" long & 6" tall fell out from under the drivers floor. I did not own this truck during the recall for undercoating & again no letter from toyota but was told the warranty was void because I disreguarded thier letter to have it undercoted by June 11, 2011.

I am disapointed with toyota. They clearly have a frame rust issue & should be held responsible for all the trucks they have put on the road with inadequate rust protection. Not just the ones that they choose to cover.

They extended thier warranty to cover the 95 to 04 models for 15 years admitting they had a seriouse rust issue. But they protected themselves by making it a voluntary recall giving them the loopholes to escape validating that warranty. Shame on toyota

Get Joint Pain Relief Codes!

• Ray G

yes there is go to ttora.com forums and check it out

Source(s): ttora member