Lala asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 8 years ago

I love how my foundation looks, then i powder because ive oily skin, but then my skin looks scaly and unsmooth?

I just use the rimmel translucent pressed powder. How do i keep my foundation looking really smooth and flawless, with powder on?

Favorite Answer

You're probably using too much powder. Swirl your brush lightly in your powder, tap off the excess, then lightly pat the product onto your face. Trust me, a little powder goes a long way. Also, I prefer translucent powders to pigmented powders when it comes to setting makeup. They are virtually invisible and don't look cakey or dry like some colored powders.

As the other answerer said, Palladio Rice Powder from Sally Beauty Supply is amazing. It looks/feels natural and keeps my makeup in place all day. I also don't have any problems with shininess when using this product. It's only like $6 too. I recommend purchasing it in 'Translucent' for the most smooth, natural, flawless look.

Other budget translucent powders that I like are Physicians Formula Mineral Veil, Ben Nye Neutral Set and NYX Translucent Powder.

Good luck!

• Minnie

That's what mine did, but I found this stuff called Rice Powder with a Chinese woman or something on the front. It's translucent and works perfectly. I found it at Sally's.

Honestly, it covers it all up and makes my skin look pretty close to flawless. I use the lightest one they have.

Too Faced Primed & Poreless Priming Powder and Finishing Veil. I only use it over my foundation but its amazing! Especially for oily skin.

Source(s): My face.

it could be the foundation that you use...i use dinair airbrush makeup and i love their stuff! it covers up everything and it makes my skin look smooth, even, and flawless! it stays on all day long and its also all water based so it is not bad for my skin because it doesnt clog my pores...ive been using their makeup for a long time and its amazing! i hope i helped =)

use less concealer

Source(s): :)