Do you agree girls shouldn't be allowed to take shop class (industrial arts) in school?

I think it is a bad idea because in shop class you design things and draw out diagrams, read blue prints, operate dangerous band saws and other machines, work with wood and metal, and now even use CAD programs on the computer. This is clearly a class that is not made for women. When I took industrial arts we had... show more I think it is a bad idea because in shop class you design things and draw out diagrams, read blue prints, operate dangerous band saws and other machines, work with wood and metal, and now even use CAD programs on the computer. This is clearly a class that is not made for women. When I took industrial arts we had two girls in the class. I think they just took it to meet guys b/c they certainly weren't any good. The teacher went easy on them because they are female and had a lower standard for them to meet. They mostly just were a distraction to the guys by their helpless woman routine which caused the guys to do all their projects for them. It just isn't a class that most women would be interested in and the women that would be need to be "reprogrammed" to be more interested in taking home economics and making deluxe sandwiches. Not many men like butch women who can saw boards and build CO2 cars. I just don't think they should be given the option to take it.