Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 9 years ago

Child support contempt question?

My wife is bringing me to court for contempt. We were divorced in 2008 and remarried in 2009. The original child support order was 800 a month. We have live together since 2008. I moved out a month ago and sent her 400 for child support. I only make 9 a hour now. In the paperwork se want the 800 a month going back to 08. What do you think will happen seeing how we were living together as man and wife since 08 both of us were paying bills together and taking care of our child. I currently live in Georgia and she is in Florida.

2 Answers

  • Favorite Answer

    Did you ever go to court to have the order set aside? If not, then yes she can try to get the money. You will need to show the court the reason for the arrears and to have them set aside.


    Federal Child Support Enforcement Handbook for Non-Custodial Parents


    To learn a father's rights, join Dads House Educational Center in Yahoo Groups. It's free to join and access all materials. You also associate with other fathers going through, and have already gone through, the same issues. We have an Educational Manual that teaches everything that needs to be known in addressing your legal issues. Mention your question here when asked why you want to join, as well as your state?


    For 22 years, I have volunteered my time working with divorced/single fathers dealing in family law issues, such as child support, teaching them about what the states are not telling support obligors.


  • 9 years ago

    She can't get support from the time you were married. You have to return to court to reestablish support.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.