promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 9 years ago

Can I put angelfish, gouramis, silver dollars, and barbs together in one 30 gallon tank?

I have a 30 gal. fish tank and want to stock it. I have been looking at semi-aggressive tropical and like these:

Angelfish

Tiger Barb

Rosy Barb

Cherry Barb

Red Glass Barb

Albino Tiger Barb

Opaline Gourami

Blue and Gold Gourami

Spotted African Leaf Fish

Silver Dollar

Rainbow Shark

5 Answers

Relevance
  • catx
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Too much!

Angels are really best in over 40g and need a tank a minimum of 18" tall. They are prone to being fin nipped by fish like the Tiger Barbs and they will also fight with Gouramis as both species are territorial and occupy the same area of the tank.

Opaline/Blue/Gold Gouramis are all the same species and VERY territorial. They should not be kept with other top dwellers and two males would fight viciously. They are quite nasty little pieces of work.

The Leaf Fish will eat any small shoaling fish.

Silver Dollars get large and need at least 75g plus for a shoal.

Rainbow Sharks are very active and need a minimum of 55g.

FYI a shoal of 8-10 Tiger Barbs would fully stock a 30g ALONE with nothing else to put this in perspective!

Definitely do a lot more species research before you stock your tank.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Sorry but no

Angels - 55 gallons+

silver dollars- 90 gallons+

rainbow shark-55 gallons+

Barbs can be fin nippy, I would not risk putting them with angels unless you have a backup , a seperate tank...

Gourami should never be with angels, both fish are very territorial. Also, you should not mix gourami species.

• borhan
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

rainbow shark, barbs are fin nipper so angels won't mix with them .i have kept silver dollar,angel and gourami together with no problem

but as silver dollar are schooling so need at least 3 of them together .30 gallon is a small tank .so keep the amount of fish as low as possible and add fish after cycling the fishtank.good luck

• aurel
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Silver Gourami

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • degree
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

could be nice, with lots of canopy, the angels will little doubt chase the gouramis even nonetheless they dont regularly plenty harm, only relies upon of the fish, in case you get a gourami that fights its corner then could desire to get nasty. the bigger the tank the greater beneficial, and that i wouldnt shop angels in something smaller than 40 gal to be truthful they are able to get rather vast. di

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.