I wish I was gay how do I become gay?

I did not spell my question wrong I wish I was gay I have a good reason read my story

I'm 18 year old straight guy but here is the story there this gay guy i know (I found out he was gay like 2 or 3 years ago) and I think I am in love with him. So here is the story he's in his 30's now and I knew him because my mom and him were friends were she worked and he came over and he was treated like one of the family (I was in elementary school when i first met him). He came with us on some vacations with me my mom my dad and my older brother and i always had a great time with him. During my middle school years I was bullied and judged because of my looks or the way I talk. And because of that I was really depressed and suicidal and every night I cried myself to sleep. Every night i put a knife to my throat and wanting to kill myself but I am religious so I didn't kill myself because of the fear of going to Hell being raised Catholic made me how I am today (I love gay people buy the way even if some Catholics don't /By the way no Catholic bashing when I read the comments).

Getting back to the subject I didn't communicate with my gay friend I was talking about earlier or anyone because I didn't care about anything because of of the problems I had at middle school and after I switch schools and left that school district and those so called "people" if they were even human and went to another school and even today I sometimes I get judged and picked on and I kind of have low self esteem.

I didn't meet my friend until about Freshman year he said to my mom I was more talkative because I was quiet because of my depression. During the end of the summer we just had my family and him went to his new house and we hung out (about this time i started to develop feelings for him) a couple of weeks later I went to his house he picked me up and he went into his cool basement and watch the first season of walking dead on his couch (we both like stuff like this horror movies, superheros,cartoons,etc) and during that time I was scooting myself closer to him so I can be next to him i wanted to wrap my arms around his arm but I was too scared to too it. I spend the night at his house and when he dropped me off at my house the next day I gave him a hug and said thanks for the great time. It's been around 2 months since I've seen him and some night I fantasize about him I'm my bed with his arms around me and it's kind of weird because I'm not attracted to guys. My parents went out to dinner with him I didn't go because I was too nervous to be there with my parents I wanted to be there with just me and him.

Throughout the years I've been like a nephew to him and the thought of him gives me a warm feeling inside me but I don't like guys but on the other had I can be happy and spend my life with him. I wish I was gay or at least Bisexual so this dream can come true and I know my nightmare will be over and I can be happy after 7 years in Hell. Please gay guys or gays overall tell me what you think.

please don't be mean

Buy the way I'm 18 and he's in his 30's now just wanted to put that so I don't get anyone confused

Also the reason about girls is because i never really had a lot of girls like me in that special way so ya.

• Ross
    Favorite Answer

i wish i was straight. tell me how to become straight so i can be accepted by society and get married and adopt kids etc.

First off, you can't become gay.

Now for the rest..

It's great that you have found someone that makes you feel so good and confident about yourself. I think you should keep him in you're life for quite a while until you find someone else like that. Now, just because some girls don't find you attractive, does not at all mean none will ever like you or find you attractive. Communicate with girls, build up you're own confidence. Even if there was some sort of "gay pill" that you could take, I don't think this guy feels the same way about you. He has 12 years on you. It's also great that you love the LGBT community but I think you should learn to embrace your straightness, as gays embrace their homosexuality as teenagers. You will have a wonderful girl come into you're life soon, just don't even think about suicide, or anything stupid like that because it's really not worth it. You're life will get better, every single part of it.

Good luck man, I hope you find yourself.

"the thought of him gives me a warm feeling inside me"

"I think I am in love with him"

" I can be happy and spend my life with him"

" i started to develop feelings for him"'

"I fantasize about him I'm my bed with his arms around me"

You may already be gay (or bisexual). And if you think you're not, then let me tell you, you can't just "become gay". Maybe you're gay, maybe you just think of him as your absolute best friend, like a guy crush. Sounds unlikely though, this seems deeper. Like emotional AND physical. By what you wrote, that's love right there, as good as it gets. Good for you :D But you did write that "you're not attracted to men" You sure? This guy sounds perfect, hold onto him. Tight. Sounds like a sweetheart.

(Sidenote: the part about the depression is concerning. Talk to family? See a therapist? I do, it's totally fine)

Source(s): President of LGBT, proudly pansexual.

well i hope if you do get with him you wont suddenly leave him for a girl if one ever shows a significant amount of interest in you. Other than that, you dont have to be gay to love him. you can just be gay for him and him alone.(ah thats so sweet!)

Its seems that he has really impacted your life and i hope youre not mixing up admiration for love.

If being gay is your only problem then you should have no problem confronting him and verifying your feelings along with his. He might think that youre a bit confused but (because youre age difference though if thats not an issue great) just prove to him your serious about him.

i wish you the best of luck and i hope he feels the same way about you.

It does sound like you're gay. The way to be gay is to like the same sex, and you are doing that. If you fantasize about the same sex, are asking how to be gay, and think you love this person, you probably are gay. Or at least bisexual. Which there is nothing wrong with either of those.

U should tell him ur feelings and discuss ur crush on him. I think he give u a feeling of safety because he is difereant and secure with himself and u feel diferent and not so secure. Some people would call it hero worship. But whatever it is u gotta talk it out with him. Good luck.

You can't become gay. You're born into your sexual orientation.

If you're in love with this guy you might already be gay. If you're sure that you're not attracted to guys, then you may be heterosexual and bi-romantic. In any case, you can't change your orientation. Sorry.

• Jack

If you take the red pill you will enter the Gaytrix, and your life will change forever. If you take the blue pill you will wake up at home and forget any of this happened.

Source(s): wow that would make a great skit
  • Matt

Cannot bear to read all the drivel/question. I think you are really confused. You should stay away from drugs. They are not good for your thinking.

Source(s): Proud Roman Catholic

HAHAAHAHHA your born gay! you can't automatically become gay. Being gay is not an option. your either born gay or born straight,