if i played Call to the Grave and i have a zombie out and all other players have nothing at the end of there g?

every time I play Call to the Grave people say i have to sacrifice it at the end of there turn since they have no creatures, now is this true or can i leave there just to chill?

the thing is that the people i play against say that battlefield is there's and nothing else so are they wrong or am i wrong about my battlefield counting too?

• Peter
    Favorite Answer

All I can say is RTFC (or read the freaking card), it says right on the card that you have to sacrifice it at the beginning of the end step if there are no creatures on the battlefield. If you have creatures then you can let it chill, otherwise you have to sacrifice it.

Source(s): MTG Judge and longtime player.

Description: At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a non-Zombie creature.

At the beginning of the end step, if no creatures are on the battlefield, sacrifice Call to the Grave.

It's only sacced if there are no creatures on the battlefield at the end of their upkeep. Upkeep is not the end of the turn. You need to show these people the run through of the turn because they have no idea what the are talking about.