Are robins the friendliest wild bird?

or are there others? I was sitting in my garden with my feet up the other day when a robin landed on my toe ! I didn't move and he just stayed there for about five minutes nodding his head and looking around and looking at me. Maybe he thought I was a garden gnome or ornament ? Eventually he flew off, but he... show more or are there others? I was sitting in my garden with my feet up the other day when a robin landed on my toe ! I didn't move and he just stayed there for about five minutes nodding his head and looking around and looking at me. Maybe he thought I was a garden gnome or ornament ? Eventually he flew off, but he came back later. Food wasn't available so I'm thinking he just wanted to be sociable. Is this unusual behaviour for birds. Never happened before to me anyway. Any bird experts know about the way these birds live? thanks!
Update: Just read that Irish/British robins are different to USA / other robins insofar as they were protected here more so than elsewhere; now they feel safer and so act in a more friendly manner sometimes eating out of the hand of those they come to trust. Yet they remain wild birds. Just thought I'd let you know !!