Is my hermit crab dead?

I'm meant to be looking after my friends hermit crab for just under a month while she is in Nepal for World Challenge. I got it on Monday and it is now Thursday, and I quickly decided to check on him before I went to bed tonight, only to discover that his shell was on one side of the tank and he was sitting,... show more I'm meant to be looking after my friends hermit crab for just under a month while she is in Nepal for World Challenge. I got it on Monday and it is now Thursday, and I quickly decided to check on him before I went to bed tonight, only to discover that his shell was on one side of the tank and he was sitting, not moving at all on the other side.
Is he dead?
I have never had hermit crabs before, thankfully she knows this and said she won't blame me if he dies.
But he was alive this morning, then I came home, and yeah...
Also the max temperature today was 34 degrees Celsius, could that have killed him? Although I don't think it was that hot inside the house.
I'm thinking maybe he is dead, and he died from the heat?
Update: haha he's dead. Well that was a big fail. He was alive for 4 out of the 28 days I was meant to have him.