Do meal replacement shakes actually make you loose weight?

Hello :)

I've been on a diet called 'beyond calories' it seems to be working, but it's difficult, it picks meals for you and stuff.. I just want to loose weight fast before i see my family for xmas

Anyway, do meal replacment diet shakes work? Not big fancy ones like Rapid Loss or whatever, just a cheap one from Aldi (Aussies will know what that is). Any experiences or advice will help :)

thanks!

Update:

If i was going to replace two meals i would pick breakfast and dinner and eat a normal lunch, since i would be at school

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If you drink them to replace a meal or two per day, you can lose weight on those plans. Most suggest you drink two, one for breakfast, one for lunch and eat a normal balanced dinner.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Before trying anything like that, I would strongly suggest just a good old diet and exercise routine and see how that goes. If you aren't getting the desired results, by all means, use the shakes but those results aren't really reliable. It's a well documented fact that you tend to regain the weight you lose from those things.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Youll be better off eating like u are and drinking plenty of water bc they have alot of calories in them just as much as a meal and sugar.

• 3 years ago

Brightly coloured turmeric not just makes your curries taste fab, but it contains curcumin, an active ingredient that stops working high-protein dishes, burns fat and also holds back the growth associated with new fat tissue.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tony
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Volunteer to deliver meals or help build homes.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

eat 5 tiny foods each day as opposed to 3

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Walk your lunch outside or to another location at the office instead of sitting and eating at your desk.

• 4 years ago

shop during your lunch hour while carrying a 7 pound hobo bag and naturally a few new purchases

• 4 years ago

do the horizontal polka missionary style for an hour and 7 minutes

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

When you need to help brainstorm, do it while taking walks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.