Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)Mexican Football (Soccer) · 8 years ago

Mexicans: How do you pronounce the "ll" and "y" sound in Spanish?

I noticed like 75% of you Mexicans pronounce it with a English "y" sound. In Venezuela the vast majority pronounce it with an English "j" sound. So in English pronunciation it would sound like this,

Ya llegue: "ja jegue"

Ella: "eja"

How do YOU (personally) pronounce it?

@ Maquina yeah I was, but i apologized in a question here in the MFS. Did you guys even see it? Cuz I have 0 answers.

Perdoname pana? :)

• Favorite Answer

Well I grew up here in the U.S so I got used to pronouncing them like I do in English. To say "Yo" I guess I pronounce it "llo"..idk its hard to explain it..lol

• Sandra

The others have some good suggestions...but this is what worked for me. Say the word "ladder" or "udder" about 30 times, really fast. Then say a Spanish word with RR. You'll do much better. These "dder" words seem to get your tongue in the right place for it. :) P.S. If you come from Australia, England or another region that doesn't have a hard R sound in English (laddah, uddah rather than ladder and udder), you may have a hard time ever pronouncing it.

• frieda

Venezuela Pronunciation

• juan

LL=ye,ya,yo,yu

Argentinos and Uruguayos say it with the j sound to

Weren't you mega hating on us when Dos Santos beat Cain?

Yeah, you were.

Change of attitude?

No and I even remember saying.

I like Venezuelans especially Adriana Monsalve but you were making it difficult to like you guys.

My mother is Mexican, so I've been brought up pronouncing it with a "ye" sound. :)

• ?

ll and y are pronounced like a 'y'. othrr people pronounce it like a 'j' kuz of there accent. i pronounce it like a 'y'

nice title