Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 8 years ago

Do You Consider Abortion Murder?

I don't, unless it's Partial-Birth Abortion.

Do you consider it murder?

Lol @ all the dislikes on people that said "no"

Definition of murder is : The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

Although abortion is a premeditated killing, i don't think it's unlawful. The child's nerves haven't developed yet, so he/she can't feel anything. I also strongly believe a child is better off not alive than forced to live through a life of hardship, or raised by an inadequate mother/father.

• Garcia
    Best Answer

Nope. A fetus is not sentient, thus it is not murder.

This is a really hard question to ask, since it's mostly based on opinion. The answers you do get will be based on personal belief, not straight facts and knowledge.

Here is what I have to say; it all depends on the situation! As far as I am concerned, a fetus isn't considered a living human being until it's first heart beat, anything before that, everything in the mother is simply genetic material used to make the fetus.

Would you consider masturbating murder because the sperm is used to concieave a child? If not, until the fetus develops a heart beat and brain activity you cannot consider it alive or even an individual person.

A fetus first starts to develop it's first heart beat at around 18 to 21 days of gestation. If the abortion is before that, I do not consider it murder, it's like cleaning a clog out of plumbing, it's all just raw, genetic material.

If an abortion takes place after that frame of time and the fetus has a active heart beat or brain activity, then it is now a living, individual person and I would consider it murder.

That being said, your question is fairly vague and unfair to anyone answering it. It almost feels like a troll question if you ask me. There are a lot of situations in which an abortion might be necessary, including a stillborn child that needs to be removed from the mother simply at the risk of her own health.

I do, and here's why; life ends when the heart stops. When does it begin? If it's when the heart starts, then it's mere days after conception that the child is alive.

You said "Although abortion is a premeditated killing, i don't think it's unlawful. The child's nerves haven't developed yet, so he/she can't feel anything."

What does whether or not it can feel pain have to do with it? It is alive, regardless of nerves. Also, in many methods of abortion(such as the saline method which burns the skin off the fetus), the child pulls away from the needle or vacuum, etc. It feels SOMETHING.

If I were to kill a dog in such a way, I'd be put in prison for inhumane treatment.

If I were to break an unfertilized Bald Eagle's egg, I'd be put in prison. If I kill a human child that just hasn't been born, well, I could make a legal career out of it. Interesting.

• Cougar

A life is being taken at the hands of another so does killing a life= murder in this case YES

What's the record for premature birth? 20 weeks? 30? whatever it is, the closer the abortion to that time frame, the queasier I get. But I do think of myself as pro-choice, because God made it none of my business since I was born without a womb.

Yes, abortion, any kind is murder. This was an answer from a previous question:

if you're interested, you might want to watch an abortion via ultrasound on youtube. i believe the one i saw was done at 10 weeks, and that little child was already so well formed, heartbeat, limbs, eyes/ears/nose/mouth, it's little body was still developing, but DEFINITELY alive. before the abortion began, the little angel was just lying there resting comfortably, safe in it's mother's womb. when the suction apparatus was inserted into the womb, the child quickly awakened and tried to move away from it, but had no where to go within the confines of the womb. they first ripped off its legs and arms, followed by the torso and chest and finally the head. there is something called a silent scream, in which the baby's mouth is frozen in a death grimace. it's absolutely horrifying. i'm sorry to be so graphic, but abortion is murder and it's not pretty. if you watch one you will have no doubt that what was killed was a living human being.

No, abortion is not murder.

I'm not a fanatic or nothing like that, okay?

But I consider Abortion a Murder when there's a heart beat going; as soon as we hear the baby's new heart, there's life, and if we kill it, that is murder to me.

My own opinion, cool?

Murder: The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

well?

• Kyle

Who here is against routine infant circumcision? I know I am.

Who here is against never giving a developing human life a chance? I know I am.

The reason to have sex without contraceptives is to have a child. If you're irresponsible enough to not use contraceptives yet you DON'T want a child, expect one anyways.

yes