Who is the better Punk Band, The Clash or Green Day?

Me and my older brother are having an argument about this, I have listened to most of both bands discographys, I PERSONALLY think that London Calling is a classic album that everyone should listen to, and that The Clash beat out Green Day ANY day although I AM a fan of both, I just wanna know, what you guys think.

• David
    Best Answer

With all due respect to Green Day - they're all right, but nothing special in my book - they've never been and could never be in the same league as the Clash. My personal favorite Clash album, "Give 'Em Enough Rope", is one of my all-time favorites. I can't fathom Green Day matching, let alone surpassing it.

The Clash >>> Green Day

The Clash

Right on mate. The Clash is way better than Green Day.

The Clash.

Even though I like Green Day, I love the Clash. Plus, I don't consider Green Day "punk" anymore.

Green Day

• The Clash were'nt the best Punk Band but they are a hundred times better than Green Day.

The Clash by miles

Green Day, their music is just, different, in a good way. It has a better tune to it that makes it different then other bands, and they just have better music. The Clash is an okay band. Green Day just has a better sound and their lyrics are amazing.

• sailor

eco-friendly Day isn't cutting-side punk. they're cutting-side option. attempt a band observed as the Bronx. they're authentic punk. additionally, why does it could desire to be cutting-side? look at Motorhead for some ill bass lines.