Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStudying Abroad · 9 years ago

Becoming a Foreign Exchange student in japan?

I am a junior in high school in America and I was just wondering, people who do this (become foreign exchange students in japan) why do they do it educationally? Like for certain careers or just for personal exprience, because i love japanese culture and the language and i would love to do this for personal exprience because i am already persuing a career in the arts, and also, how does it work? to be by yourself in a stranger country seems scary, so anyone know specifics?

Favorite Answer

It's pretty much for the experience and to learn about their culture. You pretty much get put into a home in a country (a safe home) and go to school and learn their culture. But I think you have to know the language well before you go to the country because it'd be hard interacting with people that you don't understand and don't understand you.