Home appraisal value with basement finish?

I am a mortgage underwriter, and have a couple questions for an appraiser. I want to refinance my home, but I pulled the comps and there weren't many in the value range I am hoping for. There are several which have 100-200 more above ground living space, with some varying finished basement square footage. ... show more I am a mortgage underwriter, and have a couple questions for an appraiser. I want to refinance my home, but I pulled the comps and there weren't many in the value range I am hoping for. There are several which have 100-200 more above ground living space, with some varying finished basement square footage. Basement living space is common for the area.

My basement is already divided into 4 rooms. One is an unfinished laundry with a stall shower. The other three rooms have concrete flooring, a mixture of drywall/wood paneling walls, and ceilings. One room could be a family room, one of the rooms has a closet, but no egress window, but I am assuming this won't make a huge difference since it can't be included in bedroom count regardless, so all I can really get is the below grade square footage.

The fourth room is finished the same as the potential family room/room with closet, but it has the fuse box on the wall. If I finish this room as well, could it be included in the square footage as livable space?

Planning on painting everything, adding flooring (carpet or laminate sub-floor), trim. Two of the three rooms in question have ceiling lighting, the third has wall sconce lighting.

I just would like to get another opinion before I do all the work. I'd like to do a straight refinance versus the Home Affordable Refinance Program, because I have a purchase money second mortgage, which would be ineligible for modification. My only holdback on getting the refinance is what I think the value would be with the limited comps in the past 12 months.
Update: I'm an underwriter- not an appraiser. I don't know how to write an appraisal and necessarily know if they would consider a room with a fuse box on the wall living space or a utility room. Why do people on here answer questions rudely instead of being helpful?