Grid tie inverter advice?

Hi there I'm looking to get a grid tie inverter to connect my solar panels to my household electrical system and am looking for any advice / comment please Firstly - is it as simple as connecting the panels to the inverter and then it simply plugs in to a domestic socket .I assume it feeds electric... show more Hi there

I'm looking to get a grid tie inverter to connect my solar panels to my household electrical system and am looking for any advice / comment please

Firstly - is it as simple as connecting the panels to the inverter and then it simply plugs in to a domestic socket .I assume it feeds electric current back in via the plug ?

Secondly - does the inverter need to be 240v ac ? - there are loads of inverters advertised rated around 220v / 230v ac . Will this be an issue ?

Lastly - there are a LOT of cheap grid tie inveters on eBay for example. Anybody had any experience of these ? Are they any good ? Will they actually do the job ? And are they actually usable for a UK 240v domestic electricity set up?

I thank you in advance for any response
Update: Thank you William B - but I am not looking to set up a very expensive £ system but build it up slowly over time .However I am slightly confused . It would appear that a grid tie inverter does all the stuff that you mentioned but it is my understanding that you a do not need a battery bank but connect the solar... show more Thank you William B - but I am not looking to set up a very expensive £ system but build it up slowly over time .However I am slightly confused . It would appear that a grid tie inverter does all the stuff that you mentioned but it is my understanding that you a do not need a battery bank but connect the solar panels to the unit where it will convert it to ac current and feed it into my household system . ?
thank you Grandad - I live in the north of Scotland so even if I covered my entire roof and garden in panels there is no way I would ever get the house ' off the grid' and ther no way I'm going to be suckered in to this whole feed in tarrif nonsense that the professional ( and very expensive) solar pv suppliers are pedalling I just want to slowly build up my panels and reduce the electric consumption- however do I need an electrician to install a eg 300w ' plug in' grid tie inveterer?
Thank you again for your time