Jolie
Jolie asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 9 years ago

Why does Allstate keep increasing my insurance rate?

I am 26 years old, in California.

I have had Allstate for almost 2 years now, and every 6 months my rate increases. It went up $200+, and I have not had any tickets/accidents/claims, and I have not moved.

When I asked them about this, they just said they are adjusting their rates due to zip code. Seems like bologna to me.

Has anyone else had this problem? Which insurer do you recommend?

• Boots
    Favorite Answer

Sounds like they are not just raising your rates....they are raising the rates of everyone in that zip code.

It happens sometimes.

Insurance is a product. Just like the price of milk may go up at the grocery store or the price of gasoline may go up....insurance companies raise their rates sometimes.

You always have the option of shopping around and seeing if you can find a better deal some where else.

At - INSURECOMPARECAR.INFO- you can compare free quotes

RE Why does Allstate keep increasing my insurance rate?

I am 26 years old, in California.

It means that the insurance rates for your ZIP code are increasing, for all insurance companies that serve residents of that ZIP code, not just for Allstate. Switching to another insurance will not help. The problem is your ZIP code, not your insurance company. The only solution is to move to a ZIP code where insurance costs less.

• car253

Did you buy a new car? All insurance companies adjust their rates. You might go to the DMV and get a copy of your DMV record to make sure there is not something on it that you have forgotten about or is there my mistake. I think you can now order it online.

Just shop around. Find an agent you trust and are comfortable with. I would not switch companies just to save money. I would find a good agent and a good company.

It also goes up when you buy a new car.

There's NO insurance company out there "immune" to rate increases. You have to shop around every few years.

Get insurance quotes

If you move to a different area or the crime rate in your area increases, that could be a factor. More risk of damage to your car in these areas, so they make you pay more.

I do not consider that's right

You can find the best rates and offers for your insurance at: COVERAGEDEALS.NET