Friend moving to Canada to live with girl he met online, is he insane?!?

So my friend is moving to freaking CANADA to live with some girl he met online. He has never met her, yet he's moving up there to live with her! I think he's lost what little of a brain he had left personally. I know that many relationships, especially with all the technology today, being online. But I think it's a bit much...what do you all think about pining away for, moving to be with, and dating a person you met online? I'm very interested to hear what you all think!

I feel the need to add that they've been having this 'relationship' on Skype. So, he knows she's a girl...for all intents and purposes. He/she could have had a sex change for all he knows. Lol

• bw022
    Favorite Answer

Immigration Canada will solve the issue within 180 days... if his bank account lasts that long.

Americans can visit Canada for 180 days without a visa. They may not attend school, work, or look for work. After this period of time, he needs to leave. A student visa will cost him about $25,000 a year plus living expenses. A work visa requires a job offer from a Canadian company in a profession with a shortage of Canadian workers. Even highly skilled workers can wait years for a job offer -- and again, looking for work in Canada is illegal.

Even basic living is pretty difficult. Getting a job is next to impossible without a SIN and few people hire illegal workers in Canada. He can't get a driver's license, open a bank account, get medical insurance, etc. without a student visa, work permit, or permanent residency card.

If he wants to sit on her coach for six months watching TV all-day... fine. Most people can't go months without working.

• baden

check out lot of people have self assurance that anybody you meet on-line is mendacity to you or in spite of and their actual a pedophile yet speaking on the phone and listening to her voice they maximum in all probability imagine that he or she (some woman pedophiles) use a bate someone who's not the real man or woman and they tell the bate what 2 say that is p=maximum in all probability why your spouse and children is making exciting and sticking up their noises. wish this enables!

Personally, I think it's insane too. Aha. There could be a 78 year old pedophile behind the screen.. Who knows? I think he should rethink about moving with "her".

your friend is stupid. Moving to live with someone he has never met ... that is stupid. could be a 40 year old rapist guy for all he knows. its different to meet a person on-line in your own city but moving away to LIVE with, he needs guidance....and back hand across his head

Source(s): the guy is an idiot. no offence.