Who are more logical: theists who won't sway or an atheists who likes to waste their time arguing with them?

• Favorite Answer

I think you just asked this question in a different way, but...

I'd say that it's not clear-cut - some theists who won't sway are coming from a well thought-out and researched position and others are just bullheaded, and some atheists that waste their time arguing with them are dumb for arguing with a brick wall while others are trolls

Do you mean logical or stupid?

Theism is like an inverted wedding cake - many ornate layers of assertions precariously balanced on the initial simple assertion of God's existence. There's no logic involved.

It all rests upon that initial assertion which is as weak as all the others; but we discuss the nature of God, religious morality, creationism etc. anyway, because it's interesting.

Who are you to say what is a waste of time? My friend asked me why I wasted my time arguing on here in the evenings and then she went home and watched Big Brother???? Its interesting. I have rid myself of the last of my superstitious fears on here and learned about Occam's Razor, Pascal's wager and it sparked my interest in evolution. I was a theist who was reached by atheists reason and I am very grateful.

The old "pearls before swine" adage works both ways.

It is a futile waste of time to "argue" with someone who will never change their mind.

.

It's not wasting their time. It took literally years of being told over and over again by atheists of how the bible was wrong and how science is correct. But I did eventually believe them in the end, and I'm glad they saved me from my childhood doctrination.

My intention is to win souls for Christ. I have been doing it since the late 1990s. Many have made Jesus their Lord. Since my efforts work for the intended purpose, I call them logical. Many of the atheists say "No, we will never convert. You are wasting your time." Well, whether or not an individual converts is up to him. He may change his mind later. If not, many others have converted and I believe that many more will.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

RE I agree with @Doug. I've seen many Christians change their minds and accept atheism. It's worth it for those times

That is the atheists' claim. In reality, if so many Christians are becoming atheists then why is the US population only 0.7% Atheist and around 80% Christian? (Source: US Census) With losses like that, only Charlie Sheen could claim to be winning.

the majority of atheists arent here to change peoples minds, thats impossible. theists would need to have an open mind to begin with.

we are hear to laugh at the stupidity of theists

Neither. Extremists invite ridicule.

I agree with @Doug. I've seen many Christians change their minds and accept atheism. It's worth it for those times.

YOUR LOGIC IS FUTILE

theists who wont sway

you mention the atheist liking it. hence they were enjoying it. hence it isnt illogical to continue.