Could this PC run games well?

I'm not the best with this stuff, so a bit of help would be great :). Here are the specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8120 8-Core Black Edition CPU, 3.10 GHz, 16MB

Cache, Socket AM3+, 32nm, up to 4.0GHz with Turbo Core

Cooling: AMD Original Cooling Fan With HeatSink

Motherboard: AMD 870G/880G Chipset Motherboard

RAM: 8GB (2 x 4GB) Dual Channel DDR3 PC-10600 (1333MHz)

240-pin

Video card: AMD (ATI) Radeon HD 6850 1GB

Hard drive: 1TB / 1000GB SATA III 7200rpm HDD

Power supply: 750W

Could this system run games on high settings? I am not the best with this, so if you can offer any [affordable] improvements, please tell me :).

• Mark N
    Favorite Answer

I don't think that processor is compatible with the CPU... I have only seen the AM3+ motherboards are the only ones compatible with the Bulldozer FX series CPU... None of the 870/880's are listing the Bulldozer as compatible... The 965 or 955 will work better for gaming than the 8120, at least until Windows8 comes out this next few months... An i5 2500k would be a better CPU choice... Personally since the hardware industry has raised the prices of hard drives 50%, I would personally say hold off and keep your money... Wait on the hard drive prices to come down...

• Mario

Yes it will definitely be enough for games....in fact you could say its a bit too much haha, games will be running smoother than possible.

An 8-core CPU is massive, I had a triple-core APU and its fast, so youll have fun with 8 cores ;)

AMD has GREAT GPUs, great 3D scores.

The only problem that might arise is that you might need to buy another PSU. This one will work fine but it probably wont last that long, Maybe look into a 900W

• PTRP

well you could just buy a 500 gb 7200 rpm HDD which is enough for gaming then just use the extra cash to buy a more powerful card than the HD 6850.

Just make sure that CPU is compatible with that chip set, everything else is looking nice

for the gaming pc , In the market there will b the seperate pc for gaming purpose.

Playing game is for the enjoying the life so it need the high system resolution higer speed with high graphic resolution the above mention feature is enough for the playing any kind of game

I think you'll be having power issues cause the power seems inadequate.

a 850w PSU & extra cooling fans will keep you rocking for a long time.( at least 2 years)

Yes you are doing great, try to up that video card to 6870. Then you will truly be doing good.

Source(s): CompTIA A+ tech

erwrewtdgd gfg rt r trt

You have the perfect pc for gaming! just increase the psu efficiency to about 850W. Awesome pc you have!

Hell yeah