Should I take a ballet class for fun next semester?

My university offers a ballet class for begginers and intermediate. I'm not required to take it for my major in business but it sounds like fun and is worth 3 credits. I was just wondering if I do take it could it count for one of my gen courses? I mean I want it to count for something and not just be a waste of time. I figured it would be a good experience along with my French or Russian class which I'm also thinking of taking just for the experience and I know my French or Russian courses would count for my major but I'm not sure about the ballet.

What do you think?

• hamana
    Favorite Answer

Ballet has nothing to do with business, but you should take things that interest you with your free electives; however, because this is being taken under a "General Education" pretext, that's all the more reason to take it!

You may want to save your free electives for classes that supplement your business degree, but by all means, take ballet as a gen-ed. Who knows, maybe you'll like it so much you'll take intermediate/advanced and learn one more skill!