Can anyone translate this recipe (which seems to be in some code form) for me?

I typed this recipe myself in plain English. When I opened it up today it is in some weird symbol-code! It's a family thanksgiving recipe titled, "Annie's Beans". Some of the symbols are: Peace symbol, Sideways 69, mailbox, ampersand, scissors, sad face...

When I try to copy & Paste it, it shows up as only square/rectangular boxes.



























The font says it is "Helterskelter". I tried to change the font to no avail. Thanks.

• Favorite Answer

Have you perhaps opened it in a differnet version of the program that you typed it in? EG if you created a document in Word 2010 and then tried to open it in Word 2007 you would probably see a similair result. If this is not the case, ensure the font is Arial, Times New Roman or similair... and not Windings 1/2/3 which I think is probably the most likely case. Otherwise I have no idea.