Who can I go to.in my State of Alabama?

The state law said I could get permission to get my things that the law has of mine,I wrote the Attorney General of our state he said it was a conflict of interest on their part.Who can I go to. The DA in our county

said he couldn't do anything either They have a lot of things I would like to have back Please help I don't know have money for a lawyer..

4 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    The Attorney General and the District Attorney represent the government, so they can't represent you in a case against the government. If it's a police department that has your things, they should be able to explain the procedure for getting them back.

    If that doesn't work, you can try to find a lawyer who will help you for free. Legal Services Alabama has offices in many cities, and there a couple of other organizations that might help. Click on the source below; it's CourtReference's Guide to Alabama Courts - Legal Aid and Lawyer Referral page. It has links to all the legal aid offices in Alabama. Statewide offices are first. The first link will take you to a website that has links to individual offices arranged by location; most of them will be Legal Services Alabama, but there are also Volunteer Lawyer programs in Mobile and Madison Counties. The other statewide link is Elder HelpLine, which may be able to help if you're 60 or older.

    Further down the page are other local legal offices, alphabetically by county. Mobile and Madison County each have a direct link to their Volunteer Lawyer's Program,

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

    In Illinois we have free Attorneys called "Land of Lincoln". See if your State has any such thing. Call some Attorneys and see if they know. Ours is affiliated with Southern Illinois University. Call your nearest large University.

    Good Luck

    • Login to reply the answers
  • `
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    Look in your local yellow pages for legal aid under the attorney section. Good luck.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

    See it there is legal aid society in your town. They take a lot of case free of charge.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.