What do you think of my plan to fix Social Security?

I think we should make Social Security a completely voluntary program that no citizen pays into. When citizens work, they should keep what they earn and it should not be used to fund the retirement of someone else. I consider an inalienable right for us to be allowed to keep the fruits of our labor and do whatever... show more I think we should make Social Security a completely voluntary program that no citizen pays into. When citizens work, they should keep what they earn and it should not be used to fund the retirement of someone else. I consider an inalienable right for us to be allowed to keep the fruits of our labor and do whatever we want with it and I find it morally wrong for the government to forcibly take what we earned and give it to another without our permission. If an elderly person loses their retirement savings in a market crash or are too disabled to work, they should fill out an application and ask the government for Social Security benefits and those benefits can be funded by legalizing and taxing marijuana, by ending foreign aid, by closing our military bases, by bringing our troops home from all the wars, by abolishing federal agencies (Dept.of Education, the FDA, the EPA, the DHS, etc.,) or by ending farm subsidies and all forms of corporate welfare. But, whatever revenue the government uses to fund Social Security, it must NOT come from the earnings of its citizens. Under this plan, no one is forced to pay into something they don't want to, no one's individual rights are infringed on, the government saves money, and no senior citizens are left to die. In other words, everyone's happy. Is this a good idea?
4 answers 4