Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 years ago

What are some incurable diseases?

I'm writing a short novel and plan to have one of the main characters die from some sort of disease.

I need to know some incurable diseases with almost certain death. Or just anything that someone can die from.

Thanks

Best Answer

Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia

Acute Myeloid Leukemia

Acquired Immune Defficiency Syndrome (AIDS)

Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD)

Alzhiemers

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS,Lou Gehrig’s disease)

Aspartylglucosaminuria

Asthma

Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)

Autism

Avian Influenza

B-Mannosidosis

Batten Disease (Juvenile Neuronal Ceroid Lipofuscinosis)

Bi-polar Disorder (Manic-depression)

Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE, “Mad Cow” disease)

Chicken pox aka Herpes Zoster aka varicella-zoster aka Shingles

Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia

Chronic Myeloid Leukemia

Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease

Currarino Triad

Cystic Fibrosis

Cystinosis

Dementia

Diabetes

Dysmyelogenic leukodystrophy (DMD a.k.a. Alexander disease)

Ebola

Eczema

Emphysema (C.O.P.D.)

Farber Disease

Fatal Familial Insomnia

Fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva

Fucosidosis

Galactosialidosis (Goldberg Syndrome)

Gaucher Disease

GM1 Gangliodsidosis

Hairy cell leukemia

Hodgkin Lymphoma

Hopeless Aatrocytoma (Brain Cancer)

Hurler-Scheie

Hurler Syndrome

Hunter Syndrome

Infantile Neuronal Ceroid Lipofuscinosis

Infertility

Interstitial Cystitis

Krabbe Disease

Lissencephaly

Lymphocytic Lymphoma

Maroteaux-Lamy

Metachromatic Leukodystrophy

Morquio A

Mucolipidosis II (I-Cell Disease)

Mucolipidosis IV

Multiple sclerosis (MS)

Niemann-Pick, Types A and B

Non-Hodgkin lymphoma

Polio

Pompe Disease

Progeria

Prosaposin

Pseudomyxoma

Psoriasis

Salla Disease

Sandhoff Disease

Sanfilippo A

Scheie Syndrome

Schindler Disease

Schizophrenia

Sialidosis (Mucolipidosis I)

Sly Syndrome

Small lymphocytic lymphoma

Spreading Adenocarcinoma

Spreading Melanoma

Takayasu’s Arteritis (Pulseless Disease)

Tay-Sachs Disease

Wolman Disease

Well, pretty much anything that starts with an H is incurable. HIV, hepatitis, herpes. But not all deadly. Fatal diseases? Modern medicine has provided for patients to often live much longer lives with diseases even as extreme as AIDS. I would probably go with pancreatic cancer. It is dramatic, and unlike other cancers, you just don't beat it.

Psoriasis is a disease that takes place when the body’s immune system mistakenly believes healthy skin cells to be enemy cells and starts to produce many more new cells to replace these cells. This is the reason why there is no cure for psoriasis and medications applied to treat psoriasis are only able to remove the symptoms temporarily. Don't go the "cream route", it's only just a waste of time and money. Been there Done that!

You need to read "Psoriasis Free For Life" by Katy Wilson if you want to cure your psoriasis for good. Available online also @ http://www.psoriasisforeverfree.com It's a book that shows you how to cure psoriasis naturally in a few days. I cured my psoriasis permanently in 6 days after reading this book. Good luck!

I dont know if I believe in God anymore. So much death and trauma in my family that I really have lost the faith. I have a friend who is suffering from leukemia and I pray and pray for her to get well but it isnt happening. Not that its Gods fault I just dont see how an all loving God could treat his people the way he does. Its really hard when someone close to you gets sick and you have to watch them change. I wonder all the time why we dont have a cure for certain diseases. If we did have cures that would put the pharamaceutical companies out of business. They are powerful and money comes before well being. Supposedly there is a cure for everything on this earth. We just arent that advanced.

Don't ever take the sleeping pills route!!

1. They will damage your liver big time and you can get into serious health problems.

2. You will get hooked up on them and you won't be able to have a normal life any more if you don't take your pills everyday.

The sleeping pills industry is damaging our health by capitalizing on our ignorance, and by distracting people from effective and natural ways to deal with this problem. I had been taking prescription sleep medications [Ambien] for over 5 years. It stopped working and I simply took more. Still did not work. Nights were very difficult - medication put me to sleep but I would wake up after 2–3 hours with a strong sympathetic response (fast pulse, pounding heartbeat, wide awake alert). It was a very difficult cycle to break. I was really in bad shape due to lack of sleep.

After years of struggling I was able to cure my insomnia naturally and pretty fast. I followed the Sleep Tracks sleep optimization program, here is their official web -site if you want to take a look: http://www.insomniacure.net

Ohhh..and Good Luck!

Well

If you have ever suffered with psoriasis you know the struggles of searching out relief. There are pricy over-the-counter products or prescription medications that may offer temporary relief. There are also quite a few natural cures for dealing with psoriasis.

You can find many interesting tips on this site http://psoriasis.toptips.org

Regards

Do you want them just to die from it or to have a prolonged period (months) of knowing that they are going to die? If the former, just about anything will do. Hell, something like 38,000 people EVERY YEAR in the US die from the flu. Just about any disease, under the right conditions, can kill you. If yo want something prolonged and drawn out, cancer is the cliche standby, but totally valid. I wouldn't go with AIDS anymore because it isn't all that fatal anymore. It is, but not like it used to be. In the 80s if you were diagnosed you had an expected lifespan of around 2-3 years. Now...well, here is a quote from one article on modern HIV/AIDS treatment:

"For people who have access to new medications for HIV, called "anitretroviral therapy" or "highly active antiretroviral therapy" (HAART), at age 20, life expectancy has now increased to about 30 to 40 added years if they take the HAART medication correctly. "

Yeah, so get HIV at 20, instead of dying at 24 like you did in 1982, you now die at 50 or 60 with proper treatment. That's not to say it isn't still fatal and can't still morph and kill you quickly under the right conditions, just that it isn't the big bad scary fatal disease it used to be.

There are endless possibilities. If you want to make them symbolic, you could use leprosy for a character that's shunned, or cancer for a character that is decaying morally or with decaying relationships. Leprosy, cancer, cystic fibrosis (not always fatal, but it can be), and heart disease are good places to start.

HIV, AIDS, Hemophilia, Prostate Cancer is almost uncureable, Hodgkins Disease