What actor tends to appear in alot of underrated movies?

If I thought about this more, my answer would probably change, but I'm going to say Jude Law. A.I, Road To Perdition, The Talented Mr. Riply, The Aviator are all underrated/ underappreciated movies in my book. Still yet to make up my mind about whether or not Gattaca is underrated or rated right.

BQ: What's the best movie you have watched this week? (if it's Sunday where you are, just last week)

BBQ: Is the actor you picked, do you think he is underrated as an actor?

hey everyone.

Thanks for asking, Guiletta. The best movie I watched this week would probably be The Secret In Their Eyes- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1305806/ Highly recommended.

Favorite Answer

Steve Buscemi. Everytime someone brings up Steve, the same films come up. Fargo, The Big Lebowski, Res Dogs, maybe Armageddon, etc. but he's been in dozens of films over the years that are really amazing, and that few people have seen.

Tree's Lounge, Interview, In The Soup, Living in Oblivion, Double Whammy, Delirious, Ed and His Dead Mother, The Laramie Project, etc.

He also has some amazing performances in Big Fish, The Messenger and The Sopranos, as well as being very talented behind the camera.

BQ: Punch-Drunk Love and After Hours. I also just watched Super and loooved it. Ellen Page is amazing in every sense of the word.

BQ2: Yeah.

• ĶŽ

I'll actually go with George Clooney. I've found a good majority of his films to be underrated/undermentioned (O Brother Where Art Thou?, The Thin Red Line, Up in the Air, The "Ocean's" series, Syriana, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Good Night and Good Luck, Michael Clayton, Burn After Reading, The Men Who Stare At Goats, Solaris, Intolerable Cruelty, Leatherheads, .etc...).

A case could be made for Johnny Depp as well. Many of his best films are overshadowed by the blockbusters and such. What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Finding Neverland, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Blow, the Rum Diary (new), Donnie Brasco, Ed Wood, Sleepy Hollow, and even the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus are all great films, but a lot of people wouldn't be able to say that they've seen them.

Honorable Mention: Ewan McGregor and Jude Law (I like your choice).

BQ: I watched The Last of the Mohicans a couple of days ago. It wasn't the first time that I've seen it, though. Pretty decent film.

BBQ: I consider every actor that I mentioned underrated, at least as far as actual acting skills go. You would be hard pressed seeing a question on here about one of them (or a discussion elsewhere) without seeing a population of girls talking about how sexy they think they are.

I agree with Metal Quality for Steve Buscemi!! He's everywhere!! Like Judi Dench...:D

but I say Stanley Tucci!! Lovely Bones, Lucky Number Slevin, The Devil Wears Prada, Shall We Dance?, Road to Perdition, Prizzi's Honor, etc...

BQ: The best movie is..."Transamerica"!! Amazing movie!! I loved it!! :) and you??

BBQ: Stanley Tucci is underrated as an actor, but I think that he is a great actor!! He's able to play both the Good and the Evil!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y245eeWNRI

Youtube thumbnail

Byeee!! :D

Thank you, Suicidal Ice Cream Truck Driver!! I'll watch that movie!!:)

• woodi

John Malkovich.....which is sad since he has a movie named after him. Ripley's Game, Places in the Heart, In The Line of Fire, Empire of the Sun, Changeling, The Great Buck Howard, The Killing Fields, Dangerous Liaisons and many more.

BQ: Red State

BBQ: Ridiculously Underrated

• UA

Hi MJ - great to see you in the thick of the action again :))

I would name two atleast :

Philip Seymour Hoffman & Paul Giamatti - both talented actors who tend to appear in quite a few underrated movies.

BA : Devil's Double - 7/10 - quite intense and a good performance by Dominic Cooper.

BBA : You can say that as they haven't been acclaimed often enough.

• Logan

For me it would be Johnny Depp, he has been in a lot of underrated movies

BQ The best movie I watched this week was We Were Soldiers

BBQ Not really

The most underrated actor would be Chris Hemmsworth from thor

Without question Joe Palantino

Probably Soul Surfer.

An underrated character would be Zach Galifianakis. He's AMAZING, but doesn't get enough credits for it, unfortunately.

Stephen Baldwin... great actor, but terrible under rated.