eddie s asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

My biceps aren't growing. How can I make them grow?

I am the usual gym rat. I work out 6 days a week. I usually lift heavy (3 sets, 8 reps, less than a minute rest, super-sets) heavy as possible. I've been seeing all kinds of muscle gain but my biceps sort of hit a plataue*spelled that so wrong* I usually eat some what healthy (smart) but i know i dont count calories. I am supposed to eat 2,600 calories, and i know most days i dont hit that.. Could simply eating not enough be the reason for me not growing? Do i need to change the way i work out my biceps (possible lighter weight and much more reps....?) Any advice (knowledgable) is welcomed. Thanks in advance. RIP ZYZZ!

Guys, i do little cardio. 15-30 very light cardio at the max. I do proper form, and no rookie to exercies...

But a side note...lighter weight and far more reps = burning fat? (aka definition)...

The biceps can be a tricky muscle to build, especially if you have (relatively long) upper arms. One great technique to building your biceps is to increase the frequency.

You can do this by selecting a exercise such as dumbbell curls, then pick a weight you can do 10 reps with. Now do 2 sets of these dumbbell curls at the end of every workout.

This will add up to 12 extra sets of biceps curls spread out over the week, which will give you lots of extra volume and frequency. Do this for a month and you will see great results my friend.

• Andy V

I believe protein helps muscle grow, and when you work your biceps, use the machine that keeps your hands still. If you are looking for size, as heavy as you can, if you want sexy form, as many reps as you can (I do 35 pounds [17.5 per arm] only, but I do 3 sets of 16 reps, and want to work up to 3 sets of 30 reps)

probably because you do cardio a lot. I would say to keep cardio to a minimum, eat more calories with protein.

About weights, if you do more reps and less weight, that will give you lean muscle which won't mae you arms grow bigger. So keep on going with low reps and high repetitions.