Can demons read thoughts?

Is there anything in the Bible that states whether or not Satan or demons can read humans' thoughts?

• Candy
    Favorite Answer

Devil spirits can not read people's minds. Devil spirits are pretty much parasitic by nature in absolute total. They are utterly cut off from God. If they did not steal the means to do so, they could not even continue their own existence( even survive). Some Bible quotes, "The thief cometh not but to steal and to kill and to destroy", and this one.

Genesis

{3:14} And the LORD God said unto the

serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed

above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy

belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of

thy life: {3:15} And I will put enmity between thee and the

woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise

thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

"dust shalt though eat" is figurative for that the devil is parasitic and has to steal life from creation, because he is essentially, already dead, as a result of being murderous.

What this means, is that the devil has to work through aspects of creation, in anything that he does, whatsoever. His limitations are numerous as a result. One of those limitations is that he has to work through the 5 natural biological human senses( seeing, tasting, touching, smelling, hearing) to influence the human mind. He can not put thoughts directly into the human mind.

Similarly, he can not take them out, or even have access to read them. Like every other created being demons have to see what you are thinking, by your words and other actions.

There are like 7 MAJOR limitations of the devil taught in the Bible. I won't share them all here and now, but he can not 100% accurately predict the future. He can not read your mind. He cannot put thoughts directly into your mind. He does not have power to prevent you from being saved, not considering anything at all, not if your choices about God don't allow him. He is not all powerful. He is not even as potentially powerful, as you are, let alone, he can not out power God. As your accurate knowledge of the truth of God increases, any threat the devil can be, decreases, because any threat he can possibly be, is 100% based on his lies.

I would have you know my heart( the very core of my being) is very pleased at seeing your honest inquirery and searching for answers, because that if you search out the truth, until you do, you will absolutely find it. Know well, as I also do, the my God's own Almighty Hand of Investment resides in you, and nothing will throw his Hand away from Protecting you, nothing. Let the Grace(unmerited favor) and the Almighty Mercy( withholding of even merited Judgment) of God chase you down to subdue you in safety and peace and prosperity, without relent, all the days of your life, in the powerful name and authority of my lord, my breath, Jesus Christ.

1

Source(s): Hypnosis Training http://givitry.info/HypnosisCourse
  • "T"

No but they can watch us very intently to see where our weakness are. Then they play on these. It is only Jehovah who the Bible says can read hearts and intentions. But just like in the garden of Eden Satan know what to ask Eve in order to make her rebel.

Demons are mysterious figures. They are anger, evil, pain, and pure temptation. They understand your weak points and take advantage of you by tempting you in those weak points. So i wouldn't say they read your mind as much as they look at your emotions and feelings and hurt you the most when you are going through a time of distress, anger, or sadness.

Source(s): Lots of bible study

No, I don't think so. But they are always around to watch us and listen to us. I am sure they are very good at reading expressions and body language.

Source(s): Christian

Nope. Neither can Santa Claus.

Satan CANNOT read our minds, only the Almighty God can do this.

• ?

They don't need to read thoughts. They watch us when we think nobody else is looking. They hear us when we don't think anyone can hear us.

You feel very vulnerable lately. (Does that answer your question?)

No such thing as demons,,