Suggestions on some back up iron sights for my AR15?

Im looking for some BUIS' for my s&w m&p15.

Any suggestions on brands? Are there more than one style? Im looking for the kind that can be folded down and flipped up. And how much will the average set run me? Im lookin for both front and rear.

Thanks guys,

- J

Favorite Answer

What's your budget? I really like the KAC Micro 200-600 rear and Micro front sights. I think the rear sight is the lowest rear BUIS out there when folded, perfect for fitting below scopes. It doesn't have a large aperture though, and they're a little expensive, but well worth it IMO. I also like how you can adjust the elevation on both the front and rear sight of the KAC micros and you don't need a tool to adjust the front sight post. They run around $300 a set.

Another good set are the Troy Battlesight BUIS. They're a little cheaper than the KAC ones but they don't fold down as low as the KAC. Around $180 a set for the Troy's.

If you cant afford those then there's the Magpul MBUS set for around $50. They're made of polymer and not exactly what I'd call high quality, but unless you're taking your rifle to war or your life depends on it, I'd say they're good enough.

How much are you willing to spend. Because I would personally reccomend a Troy BUIS but they are like $130. Well worth it but still.

You get what you pay for.

I dont have any but i want a pair of the Troy battle Sights.

I like the magpul sights for the money.

Get a Reflex sight